HOW TO GET THE MOST FROM YOUR NEW NONSTICK COOKWARE:
5 months ago
You are about to enjoy the experience of cooking with cookware with all of the advantages of a modern, durable nonstick surface.
Remember that sensible care will help your new cookware last for years and years.
Following these simple steps will help you get the most pleasure and use from it:
1. Before using this (or any nonstick) cookware for the first time, wash it with a mild detergent in warm water and rinse clean. It’s ready to go!
2. Always use low or medium heat when cooking food. This helps preserve the
nutrients in food (many of which are fragile, and easily damaged when heated
to extremes). It also helps preserve the nonstick surface.
3. While many of today’s nonsticks will stand up to rough treatment, all nonsticks will last longer if you are careful not to stab the surface with a sharp point or cut foods with a knife while in the cookware.
4. Do not overheat empty cookware. Always be sure that oil, water or food
materials are in the cookware prior to heating it.
5. Do not use cookware as a food storage container, which could encourage staining. It’s better to keep cookware clean when not in use.
6. Always allow cookware to cool before immersing in water.
7. Your nonstick is perfectly safe to put into the dishwasher, but is so easy to clean that a quick handwash does the trick.
8. If, through misuse, burned grease or food residue collects on the surface, it can
usually be removed with warm water and a mild detergent. In an extreme case, such residue can be removed by a thorough cleaning with this solution: 3 tablespoons of bleach, 1 tablespoon of liquid dish detergent and 1 cup of water. Apply to the cooking surface with a sponge or plastic scrubbing pad.