Red Quinoa, Black Bean & Corn Salad Ingredients
27 days ago
1 cup red quinoa
2 cups low sodium vegetable broth 1 t turmeric
1 t cumin
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1 t canola oil
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed) 1 cup of frozen corn
1/2 t smoked paprika
salt to taste (optional)
1/2 meijer lemon (zest and juice)
Salad greens (optional)
Vegan sour cream (optional)
Serving Size: 1- 1 1⁄4 cups
1. Wash and drain the quinoa 3 times.
2. Toast the quinoa in a pan until all the water is dried up.
3. While the quinoa is toasting, bring the low sodium vegetable broth to a boil in a small
4. When the broth begins to boil add turmeric, cumin and toasted quinoa. Then turn the
fire low and cover the pot. It will take 15-20 minutes of simmering for the quinoa to cook.
Fluff it with a fork when it is finished cooking.
5. In a pan, sauté the minced garlic in the canola oil. Then add corn, black beans, smoked
paprika and salt to taste. Saute for 5-6 minutes.
6. In a bowl, combine cooked quinoa, corn and black bean mixture, meijer lemon juice and
7. Serve with raw salad greens and a tablespoon of vegan sour cream.