Shook things up with a half marathon race this weekend (plus a few extra miles). Ran with a girl doing her first half. She was so excited!
When she heard I run 100-mile races, she said she couldn’t imagine that.
But she’s where I started. I couldn’t have imagined it from there either.
I just kept taking bigger and bigger “I bet I can do that” steps....and here I am.
We all start.
It’s where you go after that that matters.
🚨105.25 MILE RIDE🚨 -
So exams are over for a bit. Thank the lord. I am a final year University student, which means (1) It counts (so work is actually compulsory which it isn’t in the first two years) (2) I am very very skint!! It’s coming towards Christmas time so my lack of money is becoming more and more obvious. On the 8th of December, I have a Christmas party so instead of paying for the train, which by the way is ridiculously expensive, I am going to cycle from Guildford to Cheltenham. 105.25 miles. I am a COMPLETE novice long distance cyclist. I have done long runs mentioned before but cycling is a different ball game. My plan next year is to aim for a ride between London (home) and to somewhere in Italy, this is very rough but the plan is coming together! So ANY advice on long distance cycles would be much appreciated!! -
See the third tab in the photo. Everyone go and watch @rossedgley with Joe Rogan. It’s madness.
19 hours ago225
This year I began running again after taking after taking years off. When I stopped, I told myself that I was too busy to run and needed to focus on school, life, whatever. Looking back that was never really the reason, it was a string of bad races, performances, and even outright failures. I was mentally defeated, something that took its toll on me over the following years. In my time off I forgot what drove me in my runs, what made me love running. After a few months of running again I realized that it was pushing my limits that drove me, proving to myself that I can face the challenges that I set forth. So here I am again, setting forth on the longest, most daunting challenge I've ever embarked on. 291 days from now I will running the Run Woodstock Hallucination 100 Mile. I know this will not be easy. I know I will experience lows on this run that I've never faced. I know I am going to hurt more than I've ever hurt and finishing this race isn't a given. I am excited for this challenge and scared at the same time. I will train like hell over the coming months and I look forward to growing from this experience. Wish me luck!
19 hours ago015
1) I hate going to run alone. I usually love it once I'm there but god help me getting out the door when no one is waiting. The Judge bagged some time last night so I had all night to dream about sleeping in, which I didn't do, and all morning to drink coffee until the clock would tell me going to run was out of the question. I didn't do that either. I did what I do every morning I run until I found myself on the trail running. It went well enough with negative splits on the come back. I took on two extra miles because I had time for two more miles and the road was smooth flat road miles and it felt good to run them with wide open loose gate, not breathing too hard but not letting up.
2) It is sometimes an impossible thing to tell you the truth though. Running with someone else who's having a bad day, bad week or I am simply watching Time unravel them. Its not my place to guess at their pain, certainly not to tell their story for them. This is true with friends or those others who are not friends. I usually leave these stories out. Also, there is a level of personal grief, shame and general brokeness in my own life. I tend not write about that. I have, a few times, but the results have been well intended encouragement that is awkward to receive and impossible to use. The problem is that that, by leaving these pieces out, it makes me a liar. I am telling you one thing while the other thing is happening. It disconnects us from each other and it disconnects me.
3) I can't put my finger on what's gone wrong. I am almost 50 and there are many things undone by time and arrogance. There are so many things that will never happen. It is a kind of grief. I might be washing dishes or reading and, without cause or warning I am doubled over, wrapped in anguish for an invisible impossible thing. And, like all bad weather, it passes. This morning, between packing clothes and drinking coffee, the weather changed and changed again, all the way to trail and back here as I write this now to you.
Please like and share.
#100miles#Ultras#Running#Trailrunning#Ultrarunning#P ,agan #Igniters#Magick#Heathen#OperationWerewolves#JFR#Workout#Training#Fitness
19 hours ago529
Julie is bringing the heavy truth bombs today! This is so true.
How many of us start out “getting healthy” or “dieting” like people possessed only to throw up our hands in defeat shortly there after because the little numbers on a scale don’t change? Come on...raise your hands WITH ME.
Yes, I have tried and died on 13 or so different programs because my lack of patience and time preference. .
Have patience. Do the work. Keep it low and slow initially. Get moving....it’s MOVE-Ember! -
Stay tuned. Julie and I are running a health challenge in early January 2019, but you can ALWAYS get moving early!
20 hours ago128
The theme for this week is beauty . Stay tuned all week for a different side of fermentation.
A quick glimpse in to the awesomeness that is our Beet and Ginger Kvass.
20 hours ago287
LOL! We love this quote - "Your body isn't Amazon Prime, it takes more than two days to get what you want." So true! Remember, it's a marathon not a sprint, friends. Focus on today and build up those little wins to get where you want to go. #bettereveryday
21 hours ago326
My first century ride and I chose the #horriblehundred 😆🚴🏼♀️ this ride did not disappoint and it surely lived up to the hype with just around 4800 feet of climbing according to my Garmin 🚵♀️ ....
My longest ride before was 75 miles, completely flat, and drafting (And I only did it once)... so this was a whole new experience. About 60 in I started to wonder how I’d get 40 more miles and a LOT more climbing. But these guys kept me going!!! That and the coke on top of Sugarloaf saved me🙏, if I hadn’t had that I am pretty positive my ride would have ended at the horrible 80 - but thankfully I kind of came back to life just enough to get through the last 25 miles of hills! (disclaimer I only drink coke on a bicycle or in a race when I’m dying 🙅♀️) ...
Super impressed by the police support out there, all the athletes, vendors, and how well organized it was! At no point did we worry we were going to get runover or our lives were in danger & it was an AWESOME experience and perfect day of riding with some of my awesome @team_wattieink and @bikelaw teammates ❤️
Together we ride safe, happy, often and PROUD ❤️ -
Part III: The Finish & The Why
"You don't really know how much you can do until you try and do something that's more."
@jeslynnyc at the #JavelinaJundred , an ultramarathon in the middle of the Arizona desert.
Thank you to the best ultra squad around. Specifically:
@gconnelie - some of the shots you are oohing and aahing at are her masterwork.
@elise.mordos - for all of your logistical help before, during, and after the race.
@nic_errol - for bringing me up to speed on all things ultra-related.
Thank you @jamilcoury for staging such an excellent race, for the warm welcome, and for being so generous with your time.
And to @scottjurek for the bonus meet and greet at the finish line.
And thank you Jes for taking me on this adventure. Thank you for allowing me to tell a piece of your story. You. Are. Somebody.
To everyone who watched: I hope you enjoyed. I'd love feedback. Comment away!
22 hours ago12098
“Do you know why the Indian rain dances always worked? Because the Indians keep dancing until it rains.” - Sherman Alexie
I may not be the fastest or the strongest or the fittest. But my heart is in the game and I believe that makes all the difference!! So don’t mind me I’ll just keep on dancing!! 😜
Now to dance for 100 miles!! Can I do it?!? You know no matter what I’ll give it all I’ve got!! 3 more weeks!! 🙏🏻 #bb100#perseverance#nevergiveup#dontquit#allheart#nolimits
I CAN BE YOUR PACER!!🏃♂️🏃♂️🏃♂️🏃♂️
Comment for a chance to run with me!
I can be your team pacer for the “Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2018.”
I’m about to give away my Marathon time to my loyal followers! I offer to bring a small group to the finish line at the time you will select below -- and I will be your team personal pacer.💃🏻
Please, select one of the expected finishing time listed below and answer back in the comment section. The time with the most vote will win! I commit myself to stay with you as a team and reach the finish line altogether. 🎉🎉I will look after you and make sure that we reach the final goal that you wanted, altogether! I truly believe that with just a touch of human connection, we can reach the targeted goal a bit more easily.❤
Let me know the time you’d love to achieve and we’ll make this a memorable run.
You have the next 2 weeks to answer. I will compile all the answers and announce the winning timing on Tuesday, December 4th, 2018.
Do not hesitate to like, share and talk about it to your fellow runners who you think would be interested in this one of a kind offer – remember, the more people, the merrier! 😊
Please select from one of the time below:
3: 55 - 3:59 (Yes! Under the 4 hours mark!)
4:25- 4: 30
Disclaimer: I’m sorry but I need to be honest with you guys. By choosing a time you agree that you went through enough training for the expected targeted time. I cannot be accountable for any injuries you might get if you are not trained enough. Please, be realistic and responsible and you want to join the fun!🏃♂️🎉
#veroniquerun#marathon#adventurerunning#singaporemarathon#runnersworld#runningadventure#ultramarathon#ultrarunning#ultrarunner#runforestrun#happyrunner#runtoinspire#runningcommunity#runrunrun#runseason#runaddict#furtherfasterstronger#ultratrailrunning#runners#runhappy#runningismytherapy#runninggoals#100miles#run#runsg#runnerlife # runlovers #runlife#runnershigh #
2 недели из 13 подошли к концу.
13-ая неделя разгоночная - 7 часов тренировок.
12-ая неделя - набираем объём - 9 часов.
Кажется, что 9 часов совсем немного, у меня и 13 часов было. Но моё самочувствие после разгоночной недели было не очень: в ногах была тяжесть, скованность, чувствовалась усталость. Я смотрел на план 12-ой недели и очень хотелось написать тренеру, что нужно полегче.
Но тренеру da_running_ виднее🔬
После каждой тренировки становилось всё легче, тяжесть и забитость в ногах уходили.
Сегодня тренировка, которая казалась неделю назад убийственной (10км до 138ЧСС + 10 до 143 + 5 до 148) зашла в кайф⠀⠀
ДИАЛОГИ С ТРЕНЕРОМ.
Финал разговора после недельного прогула и потери мотивации.
- Антон, а 13 недель точно хватит?
- Давай сделаем так: ты разбираешься со своей "головой", укрепляешь мотивацию, а я разбираюсь с твоей физической подготовкой. С твоими данными, тебе хватит времени на подготовку и физически ты будешь готов. Но времени на прогулы больше нет, ты забрал все лимиты.⠀⠀⠀⠀
Сообщение в WhatsApp среди недели (ничто не предвещало люлей 😂 )
- Привет. Ты сегодня тренировался.
- Да, только у меня вчера не получалось побегать, поэтому вчера я открутил велосипед, а сегодня побегал.
- Собственно поэтому и пишу. Давай так: если у тебя что-то не получается, ты пишешь мне, а я сам тебе поменяю исходя из твоих возможностей и задач тренировочного процесса.
(Не забалуешь 🤫 ) ⠀⠀
~ You know I'm back like I never left. Another sprint, another step. Another day, another breath. Been chasing dreams, but I never slept. ~
An absolutely gorgeous morning for a run in Waterton Canyon! 18 strong miles deposited this weekend (10 yesterday and 8 today)... feels so awesome to be chipping away at a goal again. 💙Happy Sunday, Friend's! #Reach ✌🏼