It's an important week in St. John's recovery and we need the participation of the whole community! Please join us for these 5 events:
1) 6:30p TODAY, Tuesday 9/25: Come to the public Community Block Program Grant Meeting at the Julius E Sprauve School cafeteria to provide public review and comment to help St. John receive recovery funds. You can also read and comment on the report before the Oct 16 deadline at: https://www.vihfa.gov/disaster-recovery
2) 5:30p Thursday 9/27: Monthly STJ Recovery Team CommUNITY Meeting: NPS Visitors Center to review the Community Plan for rebuilding and to discuss preparedness and community development projects.
3) 8-11a Friday 9/28: International Coastal Cleanup with Friends of Virgin Islands National Park at Drunk Bay. Meet 8a at Salt Pond with water, sun-protective clothing, sturdy shoes, and a hat. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or call (340) 779-4940 for details.
4) 11:30a Saturday 9/29: Experienced snorkelers needed for the underwater Princess Bay Cleanup to help restore Hurricane Hole. Friends of Virgin Islands National Park will provide transportation from the National Park Visitors Center, Cruz Bay and back for up to 15 people 11:30a-3:30p. Bring water, snacks, snorkel gear, and a mesh bag for collecting if you have one. Call 340-776-6201 x 238 to sign up by Thursday, 9/27!
5) 1-3p Saturday 9/29: Legal Services of the Virgin Islands, Inc. invites you to a Disaster Legal Assistance Town Hall at Legislature S. John Annex for a free public presentation on estate planning, wills, trusts, and powers of attorneys. This information is especially important for seniors and anyone who has had trouble with proof of homeownership for FEMA, SBA, and other programs.
#communitycalendar #communityevents #disastercasemanagement #casework #emotionalsupport #femaappeals #preparedness #recovery #volunteer #beanangel #communityblockprogramgrant #legalassistance #townhall #communityplan #rebuild #snorkel #underwatercleanup #internationalcoastalcleanup #princessbay #saltpond #drunkbay #legalservices #stjohnusvi #showup #getinvolved #USVirginIslands @fema @sbagov @usvicoastalzoneoutreach @stjcommunity