(Rookie) Gravy Train 101 – Swimming Pools During Construction - A few questions around building a swimming pool before, during or after construction and what type of saftey protection is required when a pool exist during or after construction. I'll try to keep it very brief, to underline the major differences 👍
* Pool AFTER home construction:
- Protection - Fence to prevent unauthorised entry.
- Benefit - Pool completed when you wish at your pace when financial viable. No damage to pool.
- Concern - Possible additonal handling costs and damage to completed areas.
* Pool BEFORE or DURING home construction:
- Protection - pool within 3m of home requires a pool cover or similar, further than 3m requires a fence.
- Benefit - Easy access for tighter sites/ designs.
- Concern - Pool protection can be expensive. Possible damage to pool during construction (considered rare). Finances and time pressure can be challenging ('During' you'll usually be given a 'stop works notice' of around 1 month, if you exceed this you may need to pay damages). Pool shells of materials other than concrete or equivalent strength may not be used within 1.5m of home due to not being able to support plant and equipment.
Rule of thumb - If you're thinking of having a pool, speak to pool firms/ designers as soon as possible. Side note, there's also planning/ permit differences between them. Two major tips, speak to pool designers and consult builders as soon as possible. #asap
One more 😊 be cautious with hydraulic requirements as pools are considered to be hard surfaces which may lead to more expensive hydraulic needs 🤓
Always open for questions 😊
✔ #checkingcontracts #clientside