People ask me a lot what I do for my personal workout. It's honestly hard to make time for anything that's not teaching or prepping for a class, but this morning I had time for a few rounds of HIIT.
1. Have music that motivates you! Right now I'm loving @lizzobeeating
2. Challenge yourself but don't kill yourself. Level up or down as needed and slow down and take less reps in a set if your form is suffering.
3. If a plank is getting hard to hold, twerk a little 😉 I guarantee you can hold it longer.
4. BOSUs!!! These half circle guys are amazing for weight training, balance, and cardio. They weigh 15lbs!
5. Make sure you get at least one dance break 🤣🤣
Here are two of my combos:
30 sec squat press with BOSU
30 sec high knees, weight optional
30 sec medicine ball toss (and catch)
30 sec warrior 3 kicks on each side
Try to repeat three times
rocking plank pushup with BOSU, can be done knees on floor
Chest lift with legs active, lift one leg at a time for more of a posterior muscle challenge
Repeat three times!
Breathe! Dance! Stretch! Just move 🤗🤗