Modesty for muslim men and women
While modest behavior varies from person to person, guidelines do exist in the Qur’an and the Sunnah. The code of modesty for both men and women includes:
• Lowering the gaze and avoiding flirtatious speech and conduct;
• Avoiding close physical contact with unrelated members of the opposite sex;
• Observing modest or Islamic dress according to the Qur’an and Sunnah;
• Not drawing unnecessary attention to oneself.
• In addition, women should:
• Avoid wearing perfume or cosmetics in front of unrelated men (and related men who are eligible for a woman to marry);
• Avoid drawing attention to jewelry and other hidden adornments.
Modesty is part of a broader spirituality
The inner and outer modesty of haya are just two aspects of our spirituality, which focuses on worship and obedience to One God. We should also strive to be truthful, sincere, humble, patient, forgiving, charitable, moderate, kind, and considerate.
May Allah guide us to be of character which pleases Him . Aameen
#islamicposts #islamicquotes #islamic #islam #quran #hadith #deen #sunnah #prophet #salah #prayer #islamicreminders #ummah #ummati #muslim #muslimah
عَن أنَسِ بنِ مَالِكٍ رَضِيَ اللهُ عَنهُ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيهِ وَ سَلَّمَ مَن صَلَّى عَلَيَّ صَلاَةً وَاحِدَةً صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيهِ عَشرًا وَمَنْ صَلَّى عَلَيَّ عَشرًا صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيهِ مِائَةً وَمَن صَلَّى عَلَيَّ مِائَةً كَتَبَ اللهُ بَينَ عَينَيهِ بَرَاءَةٌ مِنَ النِّفَاقِ وَبَرَاءَةٌ مِنَ النَّارِ وَأَسْكَنَهُ اللهُ يَومَ القِيَامَةِ مَعَ الشُّهَدَاءِ (المعجم الأوسط للطبراني رقم 7235)
_Hadhrat Anas (Radhiallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Whoever recites durood upon me once, Allah Ta’ala will bestow him with ten mercies. Whoever recites durood upon me ten times, Allah Ta’ala will bestow him with one hundred mercies. Whoever recites durood upon me one hundred times, Allah Ta’ala will write (i.e. a divine stamp will be placed) on his forehead:_ بَرَاءَةٌ مِنَ النِّفَاقِ وَبَرَاءَةٌ مِنَ النَّارِ
_Freedom from hypocrisy and freedom from the fire (of Jahannum)_
_And Allah Ta’ala will bless him with the company of the martyrs on the day of Qiyaamah_
Imam Ahmed's 10 golden advices to his son on his wedding day
Imam Ahmed ibn Hanbal’s advice to his son on his wedding day:
Dear son, you will not attain good fortune in your home except by 10 characteristics which you show to your wife, so remember them and be enthusiastic in acting upon them.
As for the first two; women like attention and they like to be told clearly that they are loved. So don’t be stingy in expressing your love for your wife. If you become limited in expressing your love, you will create a barrier of harshness between you and her, and there will be a decrease in affection.
3, Ladies hate a strict, overcautious man, yet they seek to use the soft vulnerable one. So use each quality appropriately. This will be more appealing for love and it will bring you peace of mind.
4. Ladies like from their husbands what their husbands like from them, i.e. kind words, good looks, clean clothes and a pleasant odour. Therefore, always remain in that state.
5, Indeed, the house is under the sovereignty of the woman. While she remains therein, she feels that she is sitting upon her throne, and that she is the chief of the house . Stay clear of destroying this kingdom of hers and do not ever attempt to dethrone her, otherwise you will be trying to snatch her sovereignty. A king gets most angry at he who tries to strip him of his authority, even if he portrays to show something else.
6. A woman wants to love her husband, but at the same time she does not want to lose her family. So do not put yourself and her family in the same scale, because then her choice will be down to either you or her family. And even if she does choose you over her family, she will remain in anxiety, which will then turn into hatred towards you in your daily life.
7. Surely woman has been created from a curved rib, and this is the secret of her beauty, and the secret of the attraction towards her. And this is no defect in her, because ‘the eyebrows look beautiful due to them being curved’. So if she errs, do not rebuke her in a manner in which there is no gentleness, attempting to straighten her; otherwise you will simply break her and her breaking, is her divorce. 👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻