Dharavi slums...slide if you want and let me explain a bit more: - 2 million people living in Dharavi slum. - Third biggest slum in the world after south africa and brazil favela. - Slumdog millionaire is located in Dharavi slum. - only 2 hours of water available per day, if the pipes doesn’t get broken.
- 6 common toilet per hood (some areas)
- Main business: Recicling plastic, recycle oil cans, recicle paper (only cuting)... pottery, leather, dying cloths
- Most of the work by men. Not all have family there.
Space between houses 50 cms... is always night in Dharavi.
- Average salary between 10-15k rupies monthly
- Families from 5-7 people, all in one room right. - Rich people of bussines developed in Dharavi stay living there because they dont pay taxes. - No bars or clubs
- Gutter of all goes to the main open to the sky river/gutter. - No health, safety or secure conditions while dying clothes, cutting plastics, firing pottery
- No pension from goverment. ...
#dharavi #mumbai #slums #world #equity #hardwork #mickey #hope