Tustin, CA ~ Animal ID #A1581510
Orange County Animal Care Center ★★NEEDS RESCUE! • MEDICAL ALERT!★★
*** BLIND 10+ Year Old SENIOR ALERT!!! ***
REVIEW DATE: 06/26/2018 ‒ I am described as Female, White Miniature #Poodle
. The shelter thinks I am about 10 years old. I have been at the shelter since June 22, 2018.
MEDICAL/NOTES: • Pet found wondering street by ACO. Hydration seems ok.
• Pet has ventral neck hot spot causing a poor odor. • Pet is hard to handle need sedation for complete exam and grooming. • Head: Mouth Pink, poor teeth?; Ears NE; Eyes L eye is enlarged and white in color Pos end stage glaucoma. R eye is sunken but appears intact. Needs full exam when sedated
• Skin: Skin is soiled with dirt and plant matter
• Hair: Most of the hair coat is matted. Hair matts cover eyes and moist pyodermatitis on neck that is producing the rotten odor to the #dog
• Abdomen: No spay scar
• Musculoskeletal: No palp fractures. Pet will not walk rec recheck gait after dog is groomed and cleaned up.
• Nervous system: BAR did not like being handled initially • DDx ventral neck pyoderma, OU eye problems will need thorough exam when sedated or more relaxed.
LSS 06/22/18 10:09
• Body clip- L eye is non vital. R eye iris is visible and pupil is constricted. Some pigmented debris is in the Ant. chamber. Pet is essentially blind in both eyes.
• 6/23 QAR, sleeping, no appetite, no stool, dried ocular d/c. • 6/24 QAR, lib, ate some, dried ou d/c, fs-3.
Pet WebLink: http://www.petharbor.com/pet.asp?uaid=ORNG.A1581510
For more information about this poodle, contact:
Animal Care Center
Telephone ‒ (714) 935-6848
1630 Victory Road
Monday – Sunday (11 AM – 5 PM)
Extended Hours Wednesday (11 AM – 7 PM)
Monday – Friday (8 AM – 5 PM)
Closed on County Holidays
• OPCA Shelter Network Alliance
#rescueme #blinddogs #AdoptDontShop #California