Lima, Oct. 2018. Part 2 *Bonus Track*
1. The main reason I came back to #Peru
. One of my high school girlfriends' #wedding
. It's insane to think the same kids I grew up with are now getting married and having kids on their own!
2. My grandma in her kitchen making us 'cuy', or guinea pig.
3. Most of my mom's side of the family at my grandma's house. I helped raise all of my cousins in this pic, changing diapers and all 😛 They are all young adults now 😭
. Most likely any Peruvian's favourite dish (or at least in the top 3!)
. Same idea as a shepherd's pie, but deep fried. #Peru
grows hundreds of different kinds of potatoes, so imitating this dish is overestimated.
6. My childhood friend Tania and the dish she chose: #RocotoRelleno
. We spent a few hours of the afternoon eating at the Old #Queirolo
Restaurant between her trips; that morning she had arrived from #Camaná
and was later in the evening heading out to #SanMateo
for a school project with her students.
7. My aunt Vicky, my mom and me at my aunt's house.
. Made by aunty Vicky.
9. My high school friend Renatto and I, in his house in Jesus María. It's funny, we may not talk all the time but every time we meet (and he DOES make a point in seeing me at least for an hour of his busy family life whenever I visit Lima) it feels like I never left and we can pick up any conversation we left behind months or ever years before.
#verylatepost #friendship #growingup