☞ Global Fashion Agenda ( @globalfashionagenda
) and Institut Français de la Mode ( @ifmparis
) to sign sustainability MoU :
○ As French president Emmanuel Macron makes his official state visit to Denmark today, Global Fashion Agenda and Institut Français de la Mode will mark the occasion by signing an MoU to push for #sustainability
○ The signing will take place during the Economic Forum this morning (29 August) and will state the intent for the organisations’ “mutual wish to strengthen their ties and establish more partnership agreements to accelerate sustainability in the fashion industry”.
○ Global Fashion Agenda is a #leadership #forum
on fashion sustainability and organises the annual Copenhagen Fashion Summit ( @copenhagenfashionsummit
) . Its CEO Eva Kruse said the organisation was “on a mission to tackle the social and environmental challenges facing our #industry
○ “Confronting those global challenges requires a united effort.
fashion industry is one of the world’s most #powerful
, which is why we already work closely with sustainability pioneer and leading French #luxury #group #Kering
, but signing this MoU is vital to accomplishing broader changes in French fashion companies and to creating concrete initiatives to educate and guide industry leaders towards new business models that will secure the future of people, profits and the planet,” Kruse said.
○ Future projects to arise from the MoU could include, for instance, the possibility of engaging the decision makers from the c-suite, mainly CEOs and creative directors, via #Leadership #Roundtables
or issuing joint communications on the #challenges
taken and #policies
implemented regarding sustainability.
○ Dominique Jacomet, Director General of Institut Français de la Mode, added: “Working with #globalfashionagenda
is a great opportunity to promote sustainability at all levels of the fashion industry, and increase awareness among #executives
Pascal Morand, Executive President of #federationdelahautecouturedelamode
, is also supporting the move.