Forgot to post yesterday because I was being selfish and lazy since it was my mother effin BDAY! Honestly, being 23 seems so far from 22. And 22 seemed so far from 21. I can’t even imagine how I will feel once I turn 30. Which, might I add, is only 7 years away. Like, why did I age so quickly?! Life moves very fast. I always wanted to be an adult as a kid, and now I want to be a kid as an adult. Life was sooo much simpler 10 years ago. But, I did get the big boobs I always wished for. And I have nice teeth now. Oh, and a hot as hell husband. And we own a home. So I mean, adulthood isn’t so bad.
Happy birthday @cormulder17
I remember walking in, and randomly sitting next to you, and being the chatter box I am, started talking to you. You started talking back and I knew you were friendly. But I didnt know how many memories we’d share, how many adventures we’d have or that you would end up being one of the greatest friends I have and a person I hold so dear to me. You’re intelligent, kind hearted and extremely caring. I am so proud of the guy you’ve become, the move you’ve made and so honored to have you as my friend. I wish you nothing but happiness, and success. From the thinking you can sing in clubs, to you making me fear for my life when you drive, I look forward to many more memories. I love you.
Since it’s my 32nd (I thought it would be easier to write, than to say...well it’s not)
birthday, I thought now would be a good time to reintroduce myself.
My name is Samm and I am the face behind Thefortifying_home. Random, yet fun facts about me
1. On one of my first dates with my now hubby, we went in my parents hot tub. Long story short...I over heated and threw up all of the spaghetti we had ate that night. My dad thought that was a good time to inform Seth, that if he had planned on kissing me for the first time that night, he may want to re-think that.
2. The first time Seth finally worked up the nerve to kiss me (he waited 2 months), his grandparents walked in on us while we were kissing. That was also the first time I had met them...awkward!
3. My dad used to show up to EVERY SINGLE prom I went to and would go out on the dance floor and bust a move. The girls in my school loved it....I did not!
4. One of my teachers in high school had a massive crush on my married mother. So the teachers thought it would be funny to nominated a slow song for them to dance to while my mom was chaperoning my Homecoming dance. The DJ blew it up on the big scream. Once again, everyone thought it was funny...I did not!
5. My dad thought it would be funny to wear a horrific looking hillbilly costume down the midway of the fairgrounds. As a high schooler, I did not find this funny and was mortified when he came up behind me and said very loudly....hey honey! Mind you, this was in front of all my friends. Everyone laughed...I did not!
I’m so glad I was brought up to never take life to seriously and to never be too afraid to laugh at yourself.
What is something random and fun I don’t know about you?!
To my younger self: I am glad that you made it to this age, this next chapter, this new decade & I will keep on believing in you! 🙏🏾🎁🥂🍾 #HappyBirthdayToMe
Blessed to see another year....happy bday to myself proud of you kid
Happy Birthday to this beautiful Go-getter! Only good things coming your way 👏🏼 #bestyearyet
📸 Marsha Peacock Photography
Nothing like a s’mores cake to make you feel young on your 30th birthday!
Thankyou everybody for the birthday wishes it’s been a good day spent at Home with the kids then dinner with just Mat at the Ophir thanks mum for minding my children and to finish my birthday off we had an ice cream cake that Logan made a mess with and enjoyed 🥰🥰 #27 #anotheryearolder @ashleighm31
still time for my nephew to arrive and share a birthday with his Aunty 💕💕
This little man is officially a little bit older, cuter and funnier. I think I'll keep him a little bit longer. Happy birthday to my crazy boy Rory. #birthdayboy #anotheryearolder
Happy Birthday to the love of my life! I hope your day is filled with smiles and laughter.#anotheryearolder
Hard to believe I’ve made yet another trip around the sun. These 12 months have certainly been memorable, having been filled with new friends, tough challenges, and more mountains than I can count. Thank you to all my friends and family who have supported me, lent your ears, and allowed me to drag you on hiking trails this past year - you’ve all made year 25 so special. So now, here’s to being 26 and to all the adventures (and mountains) to come! .
#birthday #mountains #memories #travel #hiking #mountainsunrise #optoutside #anotheryearolder #26yearsyoung