This Greenwich Village apartment just exudes cool. @hellozso is an illustrator, designer, and creative director and has turned this 450 square foot space into a beautiful, functioning home in only one room. See more via the link in our bio. (Image: @melanierieders | Home: @hellozso )
So the lovely @ciaraelliott has tagged and challenged me to post #5thingsaboutmyhome ! Here goes! .
1. When we downsized from a victorian house to a brand new apartment two years ago in May - we told the estate agent our wants - we had to have garden and it must be an old property! So guess what we have neither!
2. Our road is full of fab Georgian house/villas so the developers designed our place with that architecture in mind!
3. I drove up after having seen so many conversion Apartments/flats that were what we had asked of the agent but just weren’t right! Bad lay out and flow, small kitchens etc etc
I knew from the outside of this new build I wanted the Apartment! It was love at first sight! The super high ceilings and all the windows and the house is so pretty too and actually looks old! I made an offer on the spot! As I had sold my house on the first day ( we had an open day and had 17 viewings on the first day) we were a good buying prospect!
4. The apartment was a complete blank canvas except for a fitted bathroom and kitchen! And so I have added character with painting some walls dark blue and also by adding vintage etc, interior pieces and lots and lots of art! Also having Bespoke wardrobes made to my design by an amazing husband and wife Polish carpenters! !
5. We don’t have a garden but my OH and neighbour built a mini garden at the front from wood sleepers! See previous post!
I never thought we would live in a new build so goes to prove never ever say never! We love it! .
3 hours ago981
Has anyone else been depressed over all of the Christmas trees lining the streets? My neighbor didn’t seem to get the memo that the holidays are over, but I don’t hate it. 🎄💫