I've been seeing many art teachers & classroom teachers who have been creating and sharing their Pool Noodle Rainbows & tagging me in their post. I LOVE it!!!! 🌈🌈🌈
For simplicity sake I thought I'd go ahead and share my steps again along with my process photos (& a few new ones) for everyone, so here it is!
Secrets of the Pool Noodle Rainbow!
1. I got all my noodles at Target @target
2. In order to make them longer I cut them in half the long way, I marked one side with a sharpie then chopped through it with my crafting knife (a very sharp kitchen knife I use while sewing to rip out seams).
2. I lined up the semi circle noodles end-to-end and used duct tape on the back the long way and clear package tape around the joint.
3. I hot glued one end of all six noodles to a 3" wide cardboard support and weighed it down. As I shaped the noodles around into an arch I put heavy books on top to help it stay put for gluing.
4. Once I had the desired arch size, I cut the second end even and hot glued the ends to another 3" wide cardboard support.
5. As I worked the remaining 7 supports into place (you really only need 5 total to have a good shape) I found putting the hot glue on the cardboard created less melting of the pool noodles. Slip the cardboard under the noodles, pull off a weight, and lift up one noodle at a time putting the hot glue where it was on the cardboard. Push noodle into hot glue.
6. Add clouds or whatever else you want at the ends!
And I think that's it! Hope this helps 🌈🌈🌈