yesterday in my stories i told you guys that i’m doing a detox this week and you all wanted to know more - before i fill ya in let me just say that this involves zero restriction - you guys know me better than that by now 🍌 .
i got my blood test results back and they’re exactly how i suspected 👉🏼 extremely high cortisol, low estrogen and low progesterone.. so i’m doing a detox to balance my blood sugar and more importantly my hormones - did you know that unstable blood sugar is the number one underlying cause of hormonal imbalances? it increases cortisol and inflammation in the body, creates more stress (which i don’t need) and disrupts hormone and energy levels. .
how i’m detoxing:
• warm lemon water with pink himalayan salt first thing - i already do this, you guys know the drill.. it detoxifies, balances the body’s PH and the salt adds electrolytes. •no caffeine on an empty stomach - drinking caffeine on an empty stomach spikes cortisol and blood sugar and sets us up for the potential of imbalanced blood sugar all day long.
• smoothie every morning with a complete powder like @botanicahealth
perfect protein, fiber, fat, greens and lower sugar fruit like berries - starts my blood sugar off happy and level.
• bitters and greens with every meal to help my detoxification system - bitters stimulate the production of digestive juices and help detoxify the liver and greens provide nutrients and fiber which balances blood sugar and prevents against insulin resistance.
• healthy fats, a complete protein and fiber with every meal to elongate my blood sugar curve - when your blood sugar dips too low the liver has to draw glycogen out of your stores to convert into glucose to fuel your body which leaves it with less energy to focus on eliminating all excess estrogen and toxins.
• lunch as my biggest and most complex carb dense meal of the day - gives my body enough time to digest and metabolize the carbs so i’m not going to sleep with a surge of glucose in my system. • supporting my body with proper supplementation like; greens powder, bitters powder, b vitamins, magnesium, vitamin c, digestive enzymes and a couple more.
should i do a full blog post? 🌿🍋
A classic vegan dish... still good, still delicious, still one of my favs ⭐️🥑⭐️ Here we have vegan avocado toast topped with delicious mushrooms - just awesome 😍
Credits goes to @letscookvegan
Toast Tuesday!! Lotsss of not pictured sides with this toast, but they didn’t really fit on the plate🤷🏻♀️might be hiking tomorrow and I’m sooo pumped🙌🏼 Deets->
+Toast w/ ~avocado ~ everything but the bagel seasoning +Toast w/ ~ crunchy pb
+Unseen carrots & hummus
+Unseen strawberries and watermelon
Our tomatoes are having a moment and we just couldn't wait to share this delicious spicy toast by @craftedbowls
📷 Repost: @craftedbowls
Feelin the 🔥🙌🏼🔥! Base: fresh avo 🥑 smash layered with @tribehummus
hummus // Topped with: roasted peppers, onions, @fruit_bliss
dried tomato and drizzled with 🔥siracha!
My failed attempt to flip this Omlet turned it into a scramble with a side of avocado gratitude toast.
Alright I’m just going to be completely honest with you, this past week I haven’t been a very pleasant person to be married to. In fact, I don’t think it’d be too far fetched to say I’ve been a bit of a nightmare. While I’ve been frolicking around London, my husband’s been literally working his butt off. Instead of being appreciative and grateful I’ve been moody, nitpicky, negative, and, well, basically just a wet blanket. 🙁
And yeah I could probably pull the “it’s that time of the month” card or blame it on jet lag but really what I think it comes down to is a lack of gratitude. The negativity train is an easy one to hop on where we spend all our time focusing on what we don’t have instead of appreciating all that we do have. .
So this morning, I decided to shake off negativity Nancy and show this hard working, loving, hunk of a husband of mine a little of the appreciation he deserves with this tasty breakfast 😋
And no, the pretty omelet didn’t quite turn out as planned but I’m hoping the avocado toast pulled through 🤞
SNACK ATTACK! To be honest, I am such a snacker, I am not a 3 meal a day eater because my blood sugar level goes crazyyyy if I don’t eat something every few hours. These sweet potato bites make me so happy & satisfied. I was in the mood for something sweet & savory so of course I treated myself to both!** To make: thinly cut sweet potato and pop them in the toaster a few times until they are soft and go golden/brown. Sweet toppings: almond butter with strawberry, mint, and chia seeds or mango, mint, and hemp seeds. Savory toppings: @good_culture
cottage cheese (my latest OBSESSION.. 17g of protein in each cup!) with roasted tomato salsa and pepita seeds or sliced avocado with beet zoodles, lemon pepper, and microgreens. You WON’T be disappointed, these were devoured in seconds. #theconsciouscarb
Cute Avocado Embroidery Short Sleeve T-shirt
Is avocado toast still trending? 🥑
You didn’t even read that number
So OBVIOUSLY I am not a food photographer by any means, but I did want to kick off talking about pantry staples with one of my fav go-to savory breakfasts🤤
Aim for each meal you eat to include a carb, protein, and healthy fat - if all else fails, you are at least giving your body those essential nutrients it needs as well as keeping yourself balanced - and NOT being unhealthily restrictive.
This one is super easy:
- One piece of toasted Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Bread 🍞
- One Sunny side up egg cooked in Virgin coconut oil 🍳
- One Small mashed avocado (or half if it’s a large one) 🥑
- Black pepper & Sriracha to top 🌶
It’s quick, easy, and delicious!! I always have these ingredients in my kitchen because they are each so versatile.
Tip: add coconut oil in with your morning coffee or smoothie to boost metabolism and energy levels 😋
More to come!!
#foodphotography #avocadotoast #runnyegg #breakfastisbae #toasttuesday
If it’s green that makes it healthy, right?
My daily smoothie. It's a great way to up my fat macros, get a good hit of good fats and up my calorie intake (if I make a large one with a full 🥑 and coconut cream then over 800). - water
- protein powder
- coconut milk or cream
- peanut butter
- greens powder
#smoothie #avocado #keto #peanutbutter
NEW Free Guac 🥑 or Die 💀 tees and tanks now at Pyknic.com 🐍 Perfect for those who don’t believe guacamole should be extra!
Breakfast time 🙌🏽 Avo and toast topped with tomato and dukkah. How we should start everyday ✅✅✅
SERIOUS Toast Tuesday inspiration by @shutthefigup
✨ Sweet potato toast! One with our Cinnamon Superfood Almond Butter and the other with Avocado! Recipe on her profile!
A little avo and prosciutto never hurt anyone. 💁 Basic mornings call for a basic breakfast. #MustEatEverything
Incredible food, better company😋🍔🥗🍟🥑