Portrait of baby cousin :) Believe it or not, my art consisted almost exclusively of portraits until just a couple years ago!
Portraits are easier for me than original paintings because they don't require great imaginative effort. But they're also fussy and can be stressful because when a likeness is wrong, it's VERY wrong... and sometimes you don't see the mistakes until it's too late.
Here's to hoping her face still looks okay next week!
How I made the mat:
1. Paint a piece of watercolor paper.
2. Using an exacto knife, cut the paper the same size as the cardboard insert that came in the frame.
3. Cut a nice hole in the cardboard insert.
4. Cut a hole slightly smaller in the pink paper so the cardboard edges won't show.
5. Glue those together and hooray! Free custom easy-peasy mat!
Frame from IKEA :) #portrait