Chipotle Chicken Stuffed Peppers (#Whole30 #Keto
Brightened up our Monday with some stuffed poblano peppers! Conformable to almost any diet, ready in 30-40 minutes, and makes perfect leftovers for lunch the next day too. A perfect weeknight dinner!
2 T avocado oil
4 poblano peppers
Salt & pepper
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. ground chicken/turkey/beef/pork/shrimp (or diced mushrooms for a #vegan
2 T fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
1/2 t Chipotle powder
2 t paprika
1 T oregano
1 t onion powder
1 t garlic powder
1 t cumin
12 oz. frozen bag or 3 cups fresh cauliflower rice, or white/brown rice
Topping ideas: pickled peppers, diced tomatoes or avocado, cojita or cheddar cheese, or my Chipotle aioli (recipe coming soon!).
1) Preheat oven to 350. Cut peppers in half lengthwise; clean out insides but leave steams on.
2) Grease bottom of a baking pan with 1 T oil and add peppers; season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes.
3) While baking, add 1 T oil, fresh onion and garlic to a large sauté pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then add ground meat/mushrooms, herbs and spices.
4) Once ground meat is mostly cooked through, add cauliflower rice and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
5) When peppers and filling are both done, carefully spoon filling into each pepper. This mixture should fit into 8 halved peppers.
6) Return to oven for another 10-15 minutes and prepare any garnishes or sauces for serving.
7) Check peppers at 10 minutes (the filing should be slightly browned). Leave in or remove as needed.
8) Serve with additional cilantro, a squeeze of fresh lime juice, and any additional toppings of choice.
#thecookingwolf #todayfood #spoonfeed #beautifulcuisines #foodgawker #foodblogeats #tastespotting #thekitchn #foodblogfeed #f52august #feedfeedpaleo #feedfeedvegan #feedfeedvegetarian