I love a good buckle! No I am not talking about the thing you put with your belt. I am talking about the dessert. In case you don't know a buckle is a fruit baked into a cake batter and topped off with a crumble topping. Blueberries are the most common fruit used. I also like to mix in some peaches as well.
Here is my recipe for Peach-Blueberry Buckle.
For the batter
9 ounces cake flour, about 2 cups
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
5 1/4 ounces sugar, about 3/4 cup
1 large egg
1/2 cup whole milk
1 1/2 cups fresh whole blueberries
1 1/2 cups fresh sliced peaches
For the topping:
1 1/2 ounces cake flour, about 1/3 cup
3 1/2 ounces sugar, about 1/2 cup
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
2 ounces cold butter, cut into cubes 🍴 Instructions
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and ginger. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
3. Then add in the egg and mix until fully incorporated.
4. Take turns adding the milk and flour mixture with the mixer set to low speed.
5. Do about 1/3 of each at a time. Let them fully incorporate and then do the other.
6. Stop the mixer and gently stir in the fruit, Don’t mix it in with the mixer.
To make the topping
1. Combine the flour, sugar, and nutmeg in a mixing bowl.
2. Using your hands rub in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
To bake the buckle
1. Pour the batter into 8 or 9 inch baking dish. Round or square whatever you like. I prefer round, so I can cut it into wedges. Make sure you spray the baking dish with non-stick spray before adding the batter.
2. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the batter.
3. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown on top.
4. Allow the buckle to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
#blueberries #blueberry #peach #peaches #buckle #buckledessert #blueberrybuckle #peachbuckle #dessert @buzzfeast @thefeedfeed #cake #fruitcake #coffeecake #blueberrycake #inseason #summerdessert #summerfood #cakerecipe #blueberryrecipe
🍏Once I had no cash in Moldova and had to eat apples from the trees for a couple of days 😁 This time in #Tatras
- blueberries, not bad as well😊 dreaming of getting to some place with lots of food growing everywhere - any hints? 😁
🍑Омномном, товарищи! Наелась черники в Высоких Татрах на много дней вперед. Хотя с оливками в Хорватии не повезло - наверное, ещё не сезон. Когда-нибудь попаду в место, где растет много еды. Только где оно? 😁
Midday pick-me-up of spinach + blueberries + 1/2 avocado + vanilla plant protein + almond milk 🥑🥛🌱 Burst of energy & full belly, here I come 🤩
just convinced (read: force fed) coworker to eat her very first blewb! there may or may not be a HR complaint pending against me...🤷🏼♀️😉 anything for the love of blewbs 💙💙 who doesn’t love a dose of antioxidants on this beautiful Wednesday afternoon ?!
#blueberries #cleaneating #healthyfood #summer #raw #wholefoods #vegan
Reduce redness, soothe irritated skin and balance the skin with Calm & Soothe Facial Oil. Very nutrient rich to moisturize, smooth and heal skin. Full of plant essential fatty acids and vitamins to maintain a healthy radiant complexion, thanks to its calming and emollient properties.
Cherry Kernel Oil 🍒 contains linoleic acid and oleic acid, as well as alpha eleostearic acid, which helps to prevent UV absorption and is an excellent skin barrier mechanism for repair. Its vitamin A & E levels can help psoriasis and eczema. It soothes and heals dry, inflamed, acne scarred skin, promotes collagen production and healthy skin cell rejuvenation. This oil is very restorative and healing. Minimizes the appearance of fine lines and refines pores. Phytosterols reduces inflammation, irritation and skin redness.
Blueberry Seed Oil 💙 is a super rich source of antioxidant phytonutrients providing protection for your skin, keeping your skin looking youthful and glowing. Phytosterols help to increase the production of collagen, helping the skin to repair itself and reduce inflammation by strengthening the skin and keeping skin moisturized. Rich in vitamin E to nourish and moisturize your skin and protect the skin from environmental stress effects. High in omega-3 fatty acids to help beautify the appearance of fine lines and sag. Very rejuvenating and perfect for sensitive skin... will help skin look more revived.
Just a little blueberry picking with my little guy this morning! Perfect day to do it. We came home with 5lbs for about $5
#chooselocal #upick #localfoods
⛱ Patio szn continues with @corkandcaphydepark
‘s blueberry arugula salad & la Cana Albariño vino 🍷🥗
Mornings and Oat Biscuits #thursday #nearlytheweekend
Gluten Free Oatmeal Biscuits
Ingredients - 2½ cups gluten free rolled oats
- 2 cup gluten free self raising flour
- 1 -2 tablespoons flaxseed meal - ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 almond milk - ½ cup almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon - 1 passion fruit
- 1 cup blueberries - 1 cup fresh strawberry, diced
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC, line a large baking tray with baking paper, set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, flaxseed and chocolate chips. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey, almond butter, milk, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla and than transfer the wet mixture into the dry and mix until well combined.
4. Gently stir through diced strawberries, passionfruit and blueberries
5. Using your hands to form cookies, approx. 2-3 tbsp of mixture per cookie, place them on your prepared baking tray, pressing down on them to create round cookies.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and they lift off the baking sheet.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
They are like a smoothie with crunch 👌🏻#delicious #food #healthy #healthytreats #strawberries #passionfruit #blueberries #foodismedicine #treats #thursday #winter #baking #fitness #postworkout #fitnessfood
@elitetrainingsportsmed @cassie_cruttenden @farmerfitjourney @vince_elitetsm @sam_elitetsm