There, I fixed it! My personal Top 9:
1) Edward! 8/9/18 my wonderful husband, @koolpointz
, and I welcomed our 2nd awesome little guy.
2) The Scarlet Letter collaboration with @marmaladebleue
. This was a perfect project- technically interesting, I learned a lot from Danielle, and LOVE how it came out!
3) Photos of my anamorphic skull jacket. Thanks @halandoates
4) Stitching @nim_br
’s mineral A. It was super fun translating his beautiful watercolor to thread. I’m still hoping to make it into a larger collaboration... goals for next year??! 😉
5) Daily stitching... learned a lot from this and am planning another. I see a noticeable improvement in my stitching and feel more comfortable posting stuff. One negative- my feed is too black!!! I’ll be trying white next and 🤞🏻 it won’t get too dirty.
6) 1K... I’m not too focused on chasing followers, but this still felt significant. I discovered so many great artists this year, including a ton more embroidery artists.
7) Joseph went from saying stuff like “PLAY NOW!!” to being able to name like 25% the world’s countries. The development of kids from 2-3 is 😝
8) This was a year for collaborations! I had a blast stitching the #artbutt
logo on what’s going to become a pair of panties :) Eagerly awaiting @anyaferring
’s final photos.
9) S.E.W. There’s an embroidery society! And I’m a part of it!! Thanks @societyforembroideredwork
-Cool Mom friends. Thanks @_ashleymariex0 @amyverel @lochnessa82 @alisaambika @meghanflannery
You guys and your sweet kids have made mine and Joseph’s year so much better!
-Did yoga for the first time! Thanks @alisaambika
especially for being a great teacher. Can’t wait until Edward is old enough for child watch so I can go consistently again.
- I got interviewed! This just happened, so more later :)