I walked in tonight post yoga and the house STILL smelled like these CARROT APPLE CARDAMOM MUFFINS I made for #muffinmonday
! 👃 🥕🍎🥧They’re packed with fruit and veggies and naturally sweetened with banana, apple, and a little maple syrup. I asked you guys in stories about your favorite sweeteners today so if you haven’t answered please let know so I can make them the regular for my recjpes! 😘I used @bobsredmill
organic golden flaxseed to create a flax egg to stick all this goodness together! //#ad
Easy recipe below that’s vegan, oil free, gluten free, and packed when fall flavor!!! 🍁 So glad I have a bunch for the week because tomorrow I have an early dentist appointment and muffins will be grabbed for post appointment noshing! 😀 So we killed Monday btw! XOXO.
CARROT APPLE CARDAMOM MUFFINS:
1 cup oat flour
1 cup GF oats
1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardamom
2 ripe bananas, mashed
2 TBS unsweetened apple sauce
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
1 flax egg (1 TBS @bobsredmill
organic golden flaxseed + 3 TBS filtered water)
1 small apple, diced
1 cup carrots, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Add all remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Gently fold in the apples and carrots.
4. Spray a muffin tin with coconut oil or line with muffins liners. Add batter to fill tons 3/4 way full. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Store in a container in the fridge for up to 5 days and freeze for long term storage!