The Pizzoqi has arrived. I kept seeing alot of Pizzoqis in my feed the past couple weeks. So, I decided to try to create a Keto, lactose free, grain free version. The secret is Vanilla Ghee. It’s my fav creation of 2018! I also added collagen peptides to add protein + more collagen. Collagen helps me so much with joint and muscle pain. The thicker hair, stronger nails, + clearer skin are just added bonus. aMake two of these at at Time. It this goes down real smooth + easy. Lol.
* 1 Egg
* 1/2 Cup Vanilla Ghee
* 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
* 1/2 Coconut Flour * 1/4 Cup Dark Chocolate chunks/Chips
* 3 TBSP. Yacon Syrup (or sweetener of choice) * 2 TSP. Vanilla Flavor
* 1 TBSP. Vanilla Extract * 1/8 TSP. Pink Himalayan Salt * 1/4 TSP. Baking Soda
* 1 1/2 TBSP. Raw Cacao Nibs * *2 Scoops Unflavored Collagen Peptides by Vital Farms. OPTIONAL * *Scoop of Vanilla Bean Coco Rico Yogurt (or Ice Cream) OPTIONAL
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. On low heat, ideally in a cast iron pan, slowly melt the vanilla ghee + Yacon Syrup. Allow to caramelize 2-3 min. Be careful to not let it boil just bubble + caramelize so it doesn’t burn. Once done, transfer in fridge on a hot pad/towel. Let cool 5 min.
3. Take out of fridge. Add vanilla flavor, mix together. Add vanilla extract, mix. Then, Mix in egg. Keep mixing till you have a nice thick caramel mixture. I pour into a mixer bowl to add flour, salt, baking soda and mix till doughy. If you want more a big cookie than a pizzoqi pour onto a cast iron girdle. If you want cookie pizza use a round cast iron dish.
4. Add chocolate, cacoa, to the top. Add as much or little as you’d like. I add it once I have laid out the cookie so that chocolate is evenly distributed for a perfect bite every time.
5. Cook 12-15 minutes, outer edge turns light brown. Put half in fridge for tomorrow. Once its refrigerated it tastes even better.
#food #foodie #foodporn #cookies #healthyfood #cleaneating #glutenfree #yummy #chocolate #feedfeed #desserts #cookies #paleo #lowcarb #breakfast #dinner #workout #diet #homemade #recipe #mealprep #cooking #datenight #healthyfood #photography #nature #camping #kidsofinstagram #chef #church