Start planning that holiday you deserve at one of these magical small towns near Cape Town.
Which small towns near Cape Town should you add to your list? Let’s take a look at some of our favourite ideas for weekend getaways, road trips and outings across the peninsula. These towns are so lovely, you may just never want to leave.
- Home to South African satirist Pieter-Dirk Uys’s theatre, Evita se Perronn (named after his alter-ego Evita Bezuidenhout), cafes, restaurants, quirky shops and an abundance of cultural, scenic and culinary wonders, Darling is located on the West Coast.
- Situated in the Cedarberg region, Citrusdal is surrounded by rugged mountain, natural vegetation, wildflowers and hiking routes.
- One of the oldest towns in South Africa, Swellendam lies between George and Cape Town, about two hours each way.
- On Route 62, the town of Montagu offers plenty to see and do.
- The town of Langebaan lies along the West Coast. This seaside town is best known for its lagoon, long beach, beach bars, restaurants, sailing culture, yacht club and laid-back atmosphere.
- One of the most popular holiday destinations for locals, Paternoster is famous for its beautiful beach cottages, which lies on the sands of a pristine beach along with its excellent guest houses.
- Closer to Cape Town lies the wine-growing town of Franschhoek.
- Stellenbosch is the best known out of all the wine growing towns along the Cape Wine Route.
“Situated on a quiet street in Camps Bay, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, Villa Aqua is a contemporary multi-level villa that caters to up to eight guests”