We love having a salt lamp in our studio…why? Salt, by its nature, is hygroscopic, meaning that it attracts water to its surface and this water evaporates quickly due to the small amount of heat from the light source.
Small amounts of water vapor in the air can carry things like mold, bacteria, and allergens. Salt lamps attract the water vapor and in the process of the water evaporating the mold, bacteria and allergens are left behind. A quick cleaning of the Salt Lamp ensures the air in our studio stays nice and clean!