🍄🍄🍄So basically, you could make this with chicken, chops, steaks or sausages and it’s going to be AMAZING!!! ~ N x ❤️
Chicken with Mushroom Gravy | Serves 4
600 g / 1.2 lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless, 4 small ones OR chicken thighs (boneless, skinless)
2 tsp olive oil, 1 tbsp / 15g butter
2 tbsp / 30 g butter , separated
120 g / 4 oz mushrooms , sliced
1 garlic clove , finely chopped (or minced)
1/4 cup / 35g flour
2 cups / 500 ml beef broth (or sub chicken, but gravy will be paler)
1. Chicken: Pound to even thickness 2cm / 4/5" thick. Sprinkle both sides generously with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil and melt 1 tbsp butter in a large skillet over high heat. Cook chicken 3 minutes each side, transfer to plate, cover loosely with foil.
3. Gravy: Add 1 tbsp butter to the skillet, cook mushrooms 3 min until pretty golden.
4. Add remaining 1 tbsp butter and garlic, cook 1 min.
5. Turn heat DOWN to medium. Add flour and mix for 1 minute. Add about 1/4 of the beef broth, mixing as you go. Once incorporated, add remaining broth gradually, mixing constantly.
6. Cook gravy for about 2 minutes or until it thickens to your taste - remember it will thicken more as it cools when serving. Adjust salt and pepper.
7. If you want, return chicken to the pan and turn to coat in gravy.
8. Place chicken on serving plates, top with gravy. Best served with mashed potato or similar to optimise the mushroom gravy experience!
. (via @/recipe_tin )
Follow us to see more!
#chefstalk #cookingwithlove #cookingtime #kitchen #cookies #cooked #food #bestchef #cookingram #chefs_eye #easycooking #michelinstar