Stuffed Okra Fry (Bharwa Bhindi)
Okra/Ladies Finger/Bhindi - 250 gms
Coconut oil/Oil for frying
For Masala filling:
Coconut Oil/Oil - 3 to 4 tsp
Onions - 2 no.'s chopped
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Chili powder - 2 tsp
Amchur/Dry Mango powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
Few chopped Coriander leaves
1. Heat 3 to 4 tsp. of Coconut Oil/Oil in a pan.
2. Add 2 no.'s of finely chopped Onions & Saute it till it turns brown in colour.
3. Then add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, amchur/dry mango powder, coriander powder and salt to the pan. Mix well.
4. Now add some grated coconut and a few chopped coriander leaves to the mixture. Mix well. Turn off the stove. Your Masala filling is ready, keep aside.
5. Cut the Okra head, make a slit from the center (from top to bottom) but don't cut completely & remove the seeds.
6. Stuff the lady fingers/okra/bhindi with the masala.
7. Heat Coconut Oil/Oil in a pan. Gently drop the Stuffed Okras into the oil and cook them on a low flame.
8. Cover the pan and let it cook for a few minutes.
9. Turn the Okra/bhindi to cook both the sides. Fry till it cooks completely.
10. Garnish it with left over masala filling & serve hot.
It is served as a side dish in accompaniment with steamed rice, jeera rice and sambar, dal or with roti as a sabzi.
#stuffedokra #stuffedokrafry #okra #okrafry #food #homecooking #HC #fansofhc #kitchen #quick #easy #bharwabhindi #bhindi #ladiesfinger #instafod #instagram