Ski season is well and truly underway. I am seeing a few skin casualties from the slopes in the clinic this week. (No I'm not currently on the slopes, this is a throwback, sadly)
Here are my tips to ensure your skin is able to withstand the windburn, sunburn,apres ski and all that comes with this combination.
1. Invest in a heavy duty moisturiser, even if you have oily skin. The combination of sun/windburn, exercise and alcohol all strip the moisture from your skin. The #alumiermd
Recovery balm is ideal.
2. Apply sunscreen before you leave for the slope and every hour thereafter. Yes, every hour!
3. Invest in a good pair of Google's and ski face mask for the stormy days.
4. Stay hydrated, drink more water than you normally do to combat the inevitable moisture loss.
5. Leave your exfoliator, retinol and aha/bha's at home.