"The essence of #Sufism
involves the annihilation of human qualities." گنج بخش فیضِ عالم مظہرِ نورِ خدا ناقصاں را پیرِ کامل، کاملاں را رہنما
Ganj Bakhsh is a manifestation of the Light of God for all people,
A perfect guide to the imperfect ones and a guide to the perfect ones.
1. It is the largest Sufi #shrine
in South Asia. The site is considered to be the most #sacred
place in Lahore, and attracts up to one million visitors to its annual #urs
3. It was built to house the remains of the #Muslim
mystic, Abul Hassan Ali Hujwiri, commonly known as Data Ganj Bakhsh.
4. The tomb is surrounded by a massive marble courtyard. The shrine complex was expanded in the 19th century, and Hujwiri's #mosque
5. His real name was Abu-al-Ḥasan Ali bin Usman al-Jullabi #alHujwiri
al Ghaznavi aka Shaykh Syed Ali al Hujwiri or as #DataGanjBakhsh
by Muslims of the Indian subcontinent.
6. a) #DataSahib
means, The Wise one / The Giver. b) Title: Ganj bakhsh (Bestower of Spiritual Treasures). c) Hajveri is the place in Ghazni were He was born.
7. Ali Hujwiri was born in Ghazni, present-day Afghanistan, in 1009 A.D to Uthman ibn Ali or Bu Ali & Died 1077 A.D Lahore.
8. Ali Hujwiri is believed to have contributed significantly to the spread of #Islam
in South Asia through his preachings.
9. Ali Hujwiri travelled widely through the Ghaznavid Empire and beyond, spending time in Baghdad, Nishapur, and Damascus. Eventually, Ali Hujwiri settled in Lahore, where he died with the reputation of a renowned preacher and teacher.
10. He was a great #Persian #Sufi
scholar, writer poet & wrote many books i.e ;
i) Kashf ul Mahjub.
ii) Maktabah Mujaddidiyah.
iii) Kashf ul Asrar.
iv) Behrul Quloob.
v) Kitab Fana Wa Baqa.
#picturepakistan #etribune #ig_pakistan #EverydayPakistan #exploringbeautifulpakistan #explorepakistan #photofthday #mobilephotography #landscape #panorama #storiesofpakistan #pakistanpics