Who needs taco Tuesday when you can have tacos 🌮 ANYDAY, especially when they include your favorite fruit?!?!!!😋
Black bean mango tacos 🌮
2 poblano peppers🌶
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, preferably organic in a BPA-free can
1 red onion, diced 🔪
1 mango, diced 🔪
Juice of 1 lime🍈
Generous pinch of sea salt
¾ cup chopped cilantro 🌿
4 tortillas of choice
Hot sauce, sour cream, or Greek yogurt, for garnish (optional)
1) Using heatproof tongs, hold one poblano pepper 🌶 at a time over the open flame on stovetop. Let roast on all sides until completely blackened, then transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap to trap in steam. Repeat with second poblano🌶. Set aside.
2) In a large bowl, mix together black beans, red onion, mango, lime🍈juice, and sea salt until well-combined.
3) When poblanos 🌶 are cool enough to touch (~10min), remove the plastic wrap and use a towel to gently remove the skin. Remove the pepper's stem, then slice in half and remove the seeds. Dice, then repeat for second pepper.
4) Gently fold the diced peppers 🌶 and cilantro 🌿 into the bean mixture.
5) Warm tortillas in a dry pan or directly on the burner until flexible - the open flame give the perfect and flavorful char. Spoon a generous amount of filling into the middle of each tortilla, then top with hot sauce or sour cream, as desired.