Zenos sword is done despite a mishap with the clear coating process... Looks acceptable from a distance at least! 5 foot rule and all that, right? Three and a half days until we leave for Fan Fest though! I'm so excited to share my complete Cosplay with everyone. Been keeping the finished look a surprise for the day of... 😉
Alright first one is Alphinaud!
Here are some progress pictures from when I was working on the costume. Most of it was made in 3 weeks before fanfest so I don't have pictures of everything because time was short. 😂
1. is a picture of when it was almost finished! the materials I used for the armor and accesories were mainly thibra, tex and a bit of black worbla. I like to use thibra for details or covering worbla or tex with it ☺️.
2. close up of the sleeve. really like the wierd tiny pockets he has and all the seams. I was almost finished with the decorative handstitching here.
3. the weird backpack thing is made from worbla and the silver tube things are made from tex and thibra, same goes for the "knight-visor-thing". (wich he has never worn ONCE) I attached small rings to the shoulder pieces and the visor so I could sew them onto the jacket. this way everything is still movable!(I'm always a bit scared to glue things on) the hood itself is attached to the black coat underneath the blue one. The art and 3D model are a bit different so I decided to just do it like this.😂
4. the arm decoration and the gloves! I made bracelets that fit over the glove and follow the shape of my arm. 😊
5. one of my favorite pieces are the "leg decorations" sadly you don't see them often. I like the tiny bit of orange they have just like the arm pieces. I attached them the same way as the shoulder pieces with 2 small rings sewn onto the legging.
6. is the ready for primer fase of the backpack, shoe decoration, upper leg band pieces and 1 of the bracelets!
I'm not great at writing but I hope that you guys like it! If you want to know something specific just ask and I'll do my best to answer! ☺️ #alphinaud #alphinaudleveilleur #cosplay #ffxiv #ffxivcosplay #finalfantasyxiv #finalfantasyxivcosplay #ffxivheavensward #dutchcosplay #thibra #worbla #wip #workinprogress #ff14 #squarenix #progress
Zenos tease while I work on figuring out magnet placement for a few pieces! Also, project bathroom zipper mod was a success for the front of my morphsuit. After the magnets are placed, the body is officially done and I'll be free to focus on finishing his sword.
Alphinaud is one of my all time favorite characters honestly and I feel better in him than I think I ever have in any costume ever
I put so much work into this costume. Twice. The first time I finished him was in a hotel room after we evacuated during the Gatlinburg fires. He held kind of a special place with me after that, as he became a major distraction as I sat around wondering if I even had a home to go back to. And I did have a home. I couldn’t have been more thankful, and I don’t think I ever cried so hard. And then, a year or two later, I sat down and decided I could do better. So I did. And I’m so glad I did.
I don’t feel good in a lot but I have a certain confidence when I’m cosplaying him and I cannot wait to finish making more of his outfits!
#finalfantasycosplay #ffxiv #finalfantasyxiv #alphinaud #ffxivcosplay #finalfantasyxivcosplay