Alright friends, let's talk MICRONUTRIENTS aka Vitamins & Minerals and what most of us are NOT getting enough of 👇🏻
Iron- Needed for hemoglobin creation. Found in beef, turkey, spinach, and broccoli. 🍖
Iodine- Essential for a healthy thyroid. Found in seaweed, eggs, and some yogurt. 🥚
Magnesium- Helps with relaxation, sleep, digestions, and muscle aches. Found in spinach, avocados, beans, and dark chocolate. (70% or higher) 🍫
Vitamin D- Needed for healthy bones and other essential functions. Improves mood. Primarily absorbed via sunlight. ☀️ .
Vitamin B12- Essential for blood formation, brain and nerve function. Found in shellfish, eggs, and dairy. 🐄
So what should we do about it? 👉🏻The simple answer: Eat a variety of foods! I'm a meat eater, so I try to vary the type of meat and fish I get as often as I can. I also try to get as many different fruits and veggies as I can although i'm not perfect at it! 🥕🍓🥒 That's why I LOVE smoothies. I can just throw a bunch of good stuff in a blender and i'm good to go! A good insurance policy? A high quality vitamin. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I posted on my story earlier this week about the fact that I eat pasta and bread regularly, and a few people messaged me to ask if I have those kinds of things as ‘treats’. The simple answer is no.⠀
Years ago, I cut them out of my diet completely, and was afraid to eat them because every magazine told me they were the devil. I also cut out things like burgers and cake. Basically anything other than meat, fish, fruit and veg. It was a very boring time for me.🙄🤣⠀
But now I eat EVERYTHING in moderation.⠀
My absolute favourite meal is a huuuuge juicy cheeseburger. Seriously, I’ve eaten in plenty of fancy restaurants over the years, but I’m much happier with a massive cheeseburger. Easily pleased.🤷🏼♀️😆⠀
Contrary to what a lot of magazines will tell you, pasta and bread are not the devil. Neither are burgers or cakes. ⠀
Just have everything in moderation. We only get one life and although I want to look after my body by eating nutritious foods, I also fancy a burger or cake sometimes. And that’s totally ok!⠀
Tonight I’m having a big cheeseburger for dinner, and I can’t bloody wait!
Share the love! Tag three friends, like this post and make sure you're following @tynafituk
for your chance to win a pair of leggings and matching sports bag for three lucky winners! Ends midnight 30/09/18.
Can you believe it's the first official day of Fall? Are you doing anything fun this weekend like picking apples or pumpkins? Maybe enjoying a tasty smores over a roaring campfire? What screams FALL to you?
For me, it's the start of football, the crisp cool air, comfy sweaters, and a hot apple spice drink from @starbucks.
Did you know that, in addition to the abdomen treatment, #EMSculpt
also gives the worlds first non-surgical buttock lift?
This strengthens, tones and firms the gluteal muscles and is an ideal compliment to those looking to enhance results from their exercise regime.
Clinically proven to both grow (‘Hypertrophy’) and multiply (‘Hyperplasia’) your muscle fibres to increase firmness and curves.
✅7 Independent Clinic Studies
✅average 19% fat reduction
✅average 16% increase in muscle
📇 Treatment name: EMSculpt
🗺 Treatment areas: Abdomen, buttocks (‘non-surgical buttock lift’)
🔬 How does it work: EMSculpt uses High-Intensity Focused Electro-Magnetic (HIFEM®) technology to build muscle and burn fat
⏰ Treatment time: Each treatment cycle takes 30 minutes
🎯 Treatment target: Muscle and fat cells
😴 Anaesthetic: No
🏁 Treatment results: Tangible results straight after treatment. Positive results within a month which will continue to improve for several weeks following a treatment program
🔢 How many treatments: Initially 4 sessions scheduled 2-3 days apart
📆 Frequency: Maintenance treatments can be scheduled as required, this will be discussed during your consultation
🗒 Note: Individual results may vary
☎ 01494 670990
📍 S-Thetics Medical Aesthetic Clinic in Beaconsfield Old Town, Buckinghamshire
Happy weekend lovesss ✨
I had strong intensions to go to the gym this morning but it's currently pouring down with rain and I don't know where my umbrella is... so currently sat at home waiting for my flatmate to come back with an umbrealla lollll England why you like this 😩
Anywayyy, I had a great leg session yesterday. With eating more food I want to put that into good use and build more muscle. I was going to go on a cut since I feel like I've gained a bit of fat within the past few months and loss definition which made me a bit sad lol. But I don't want to get back into the mentality of always cutting/ bulking so I'm just going to just eat to fuel my body (getting enough protein in too), and train hard!
Fitness is meant to be a lifestyle and it shouldn't be hard to maintain. So finding that balance where you enjoy it and still see results is key! Forcing yourself to go to the gym even when you have no energy and being super strict with your diet to the point you don't want to eat out and not put it in MFP is not sustainable- trust me! Focusing on how you feel rather than how you look is a better way to go into it and not bounce back 💥💕
Summer, don’t go. I miss you already.☀️😭
Competition Reminder! You still have 8 days to enter!
Share the love! Tag three friends, like this post and make sure you're following @tynafituk
for your chance to win a pair of leggings and matching sports bag for three lucky BFF’s! Ends midnight 30/09/18🤞
So since I've gained a few new followers, I thought I'd share a few fun facts about me...
A little facts about me...
1. I'm a mum, that has 3 children. I'm a mum that behind all the chaos, of cleaning 4-5 times a day, keeping up my fitness, and everything in between I love it all.
2. It took over a year to get pregnant with my first child, and found out I had polycystic ovaries. Was told I would never be able to have children has I was going into early menopause at the age of 21. Finally got pregnant without any tablets. All my 3 children was miracle babies.
3. I am a qualified phelbotomist. For anyone that doesn't know what it is... It's taking bloods. Yes the vampire 😜 I absolutely love it.
4. I have recovered from Anorexia for nearly 3 years now. Somedays can still be a little hard. But I don't let myself get back to that kind of thinking. I set up a mummy blog to help me think less about the way I felt & continue to raise awareness, and it helped. I love writing new posts for my blog.
5. I am still looking to find a "best friend", a friend that is there for me and don't just use me when they feel like it. But then I've always got my husband and he's always my best friend. Anything that troubles me I go to him and gives me the best advice.
6. My ideal job is to be a nurse. It's something I'm actually working on, and might be in training by the end of the year hopefully 🤞
7. I once put a apple pie in the microwave for 20 minutes and blew up the microwave and was smoke everywhere in the house. (it was when I first moved out, didnt have a clue how to cook).
8. The only TV soap I watch is Hollyoaks.
9. I don't know why, but I have a fear of certain stairs... Yes stairs... If stairs are steep in a house, I will bum shuffle down the first couple of stairs. It might not be in the house, just anywhere.... I will bum shuffle.... I onced bum shuffled down a mountain 🙈
10. I tell my children everyday without fail that I love them. That's because, I worry that if anything happens, I want them to know that I always love them and proud of them.
Feel free to ask any questions....
Or share your facts with me 💖
Nothing looks as good as healthy feels 👊🏻🔥
Ein wunderschönes Wochenende Sportsfreunde 🙌🏻. Pünktlich zum Wochenende bin ich wieder fit und fühle mich wieder gesund und erholt 👌🏻. Wie jeden Tag gibt’s bei mir eins der MEGA BOLIC PAKS von @weider_germany
👊🏻. Es enthält Vitamine, Mineralstoffe, Omega3, Kurkuma, Superfood- und Pflanzenextrakte. Somit ist der Körper super versorgt und man kann es entspannt auf einmal zu sich nehmen 😀. Heute steht erstmal den ganzen Tag ein Shooting an und zum Abend geht es dann endlich auch wieder ins Training 💪🏻. Habt einen schönen Tag meine Lieben ✌🏻.
Seek your purpose and pursue it 💪🏼💙
Do you want to feel confident in your body? Do you want to feel healthier and happier? Come with me on a journey of wellbeing ✨
It started outright pouring when this photo was taken. Like... zero to one hundred sky water. ⛈
Ran 4 short and quick today instead of taking the day off as I had considered, and enjoyed what could be the last hot hot Ohio day for 2018 (I’d love to be wrong about this one). 🍂
Only thing left worth a shit for the year now is Halloween. So I guess I’m reluctantly with everyone else now... Just counting down. 🎃
BIG DAY with these girls and my other hive girls TOMORROW! I cannot wait to share a special secret project that has been in the works for the last few weeks!💗🙌🏼 Any guesses!? #thefithive #hivegirlsquad
has inspired me to jump on her #fitnessfriday
bandwagon! (She's amazing & we share the same birthday)! This is a Bosu Ball circuit I did after legs instead of cardio. If you don't workout using the bosu ball very often, you should try it, my clients call it evil & it’s a great way to keep your muscles guessing.
Let me know how your legs and arms are feeling tomorrow after you try this! 😉 🔘 Weighted Squats with 2 sec pause at the bottom
🔘 Pistol Squats with overhead plate press
🔘 2 Dumbbell Curls, 2 kickbacks
🔘 TRX reverse lunge to knee raise
🔘 Squat jumps
1 minute each movement with 15secs rest in between. Do 5 rounds & rest about 1 minute after each round!
Song: Finest Hour
Artist: Cash Cash
This honestly happens almost every time I film outside...😅 all of the fur babies find the need to be in/around the shot, or on top of me! Who else can relate when trying to workout at home with dogs and cats around?🐈🐕😂 LINK IN MY BIO for the full blooper video! #thefithive
Vision creates faith and faith creates willpower. With faith there is no anxiety and no doubt just absolute confidence in yourself. .tag
As you all know I hardly ever get dolled up but let’s talk about the amazing @tampabeauty
💋 She is seriously an artist, she fixed a couple asymmetrical spots in my lips which are naturally very tiny, and gave some volume😍 Love love love the look she literally created for me 🙏🏼 Anyone in the Tampa area I HIGHLY recommend @tampabeauty
for any and all cosmetic wishes 🙌🏼 .
Carrot cake protein porridge 🥕🥣 I showed you guys how to make this on my story today, so check it out if you haven’t seen already. One of my favourite breakfasts- so filling and hearty 😛 -
1 grated carrot 🥕
1 mashed banana- optional 🍌
200ml non- dairy milk + hot water to desired consistency
1 tbsp of flaxseed
1 tsp of maca powder
Sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg
1-2 tbsp of raisins (forgot to put it in but it’s soooo good)
10g of chopped walnuts
Drizzle of almond butter
1 scoop of @myproteinuk
vanilla soy protein (use code ‘FEEDMEGLOW’ for 35% off) 💙
50g non- dairy yogurt + protein powder and water to make the cream.
Chunks of @myproteinuk
vegan protein bar in the chocolate orange flavour 🍊🍫
Clarity of vision is the key to achieving your objectives. ✊
Sometimes I try to visualize myself and how I’ll be looking in the next year or something as a type of motivation to not stop.
That quote up there is crazy true because how can you think that something will get done without finding the right path? It’s so hard.
Figure out the direction needed to get your shit done and don’t stop with that path!
No matter what it is, people are always going to try and put you down or even tell you it can’t be done.
I’m here to tell you that if your mindset is sharp enough, all that adversity will be taken as lessons or motivations to keep pushing forward.
Never think you can’t do something just because someone tells you.
They’re the ones that gave up, not you. Remember that! 🙏
STUPID chest pump!! 💪💪
DM me if you want the full workout!! 😃
#mostwontiwill #chestpump #bodybuildingnation
Coconut, chickpea and sweet potato curry 🍛
Super easy to make and you can also make a large portion and save it for lunches- just double the amount of ingredients!
180g cooked rice 🍚
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 can of chickpeas
50g Broccoli 🥦
Handful of kale
100g organic coconut milk 🥥
1/2 of a medium sized sweet potato 🍠
40g of green beans
30g of green peas
Dollop of non- dairy yogurt (Coconut would go the best). Spices: Garlic powder, cumin seeds, cumin powder, turmeric, curry powder, black pepper, cinnamon. Method:
1. Chop the sweet potato into cubes, sprinkle some spices and oven baked for 20-25 minutes at 180 degrees.
2. Saute the chopped onions into a pan and let it simmer in a little water for a few minutes.
I don't use oil when cooking, so the tip is to keep adding a bit of water to the pan to avoid it sticking.
3. Add the spices with a bit more water to make a paste and start adding the chopped vegetables starting with the ones hardest to cook.
4. Whilst you sautee the vegetables, put the rice on boil- depending on which rice you use it takes up to 20 minutes.
5. Add in the coconut milk and chickpeas and leave to simmer for 20-30 minutes. The longer you leave it, the more flavoursome it will be.
6. Add in the baked sweet potato cubes once it's done and add in the frozen peas shortly before it's finished cooking.
7. Top with a dollop of coconut yogurt or any non- dairy yogurt! It's optional but you can also add some coriander and lime juice.
Vegan ‘fish’ tacos drizzled with lemon tahini dressing 🌮
This is something I wouldn’t eat all the time as it’s not the most nutritious meal since it doesn’t have many whole foods, butttt this was a Friday and it’s good if you need something in a hurry! Plus, it was delicious! I was really pleased with how the ‘fish’ goujons tasted, so I’d definitely recommend 👌🏼
mini coconut and black pepper tortillas
veggie fish goujons
mozzarella (melted on the goujons)
10g tahini- make the dressing by mixing the tahini, lemon juice, black pepper and water until you get a good consistency.
1/2 juice of lemon 🍋
Handful of salad 🥗
Couple of spoonfuls of tomato sweetcorn salsa -
Saturday morning starting with reformer Pilates and brunch 🤸🏻♀️🍵
Still keeping up with my one class a week with @movegb
to mix up my usual weight training routine 🙋🏻♀️ Pilates is definitely a different type of workout, where it takes a lot of concentration as you really have to focus on the breaths you’re takin and working the right muscles. I’m really enjoying it as it teaches me how to work the smaller muscles that I might have not felt before, and then take the techniques learnt into my weight sessions 💪🏼 -
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend with a balance of fun and then back on it with the health 😜 #MoveGB #MoveGBLondon
Feed Me Friday inspoo: High protein spaghetti bolognese 🍝
edamame and mung bean fettuccine
Plant Based Mince
1/2 Red pepper chopped into squares
Handful of Spinach
1/2 carrot peeled and chopped into cubes 🥕
1/4 tinned tomatoes 🍅
Squeeze of tomato puree
Sprinkle of nutritional yeast
15g of @violife_foods
Spices: Onion powder, mixed herbs, paprika, cumin, black pepper.
1. Sautee the onions with a little water and add the mixed spices.
2. Add in the chopped carrots, red pepper and sautee for a few minutes until softened.
3. Pour in the tin of canned tomatoes and puree and leave it so simmer.
4. Shortly add in the vegan mince and leave to simmer for a further 15-20 minutes until the liquid has reduced.
5. I also like to splash in some tamari and apple cider vinegar for added flavour.
6. Boil the pasta in the remaining 10 minutes before draining.
7. Once plated, grate some vegan mozzarella and sprinkle some nutritional yeast.
Calories: 512 and has 43g of protein 😛