RECIPE: Cucumber Yogurt Toast⠀
This light yogurt dip can be prepared in only a couple minutes and will add a lot of flavour to your toast. Add cucumber for extra freshness and you have a great breakfast for a warm morning.⠀
Try it and let us know what you think!⠀
Prep time: 10 minutes⠀
Active time: 5 minutes⠀
Yield: 2 servings⠀
- 2 sliced of bread, toasted⠀
- 4 tbsp plain yogurt⠀
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more to drizzle⠀
- 1 tsp Cool Runnings Chinese Five Spice⠀
- Zest of 1 lime⠀
- Salt and ground pepper, to taste⠀
- 1/4 cucumber, halved and thinly sliced⠀
1. In a small container mix the yogurt, olive oil, Cool Runnings Chinese Five Spice, lime zest, salt and ground pepper. Check the seasoning and adjust to your taste.⠀
2. Place half of the mixture over each bread slice and top it with the sliced cucumber.⠀
3. Finish it with a drizzle of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.⠀
Try this recipe with toasted pita bread.
Sunday, Sept 9th, 2018
Asli enak banget. Rasanya sudah mirip banget dengan ayam goreng tanpa tulang favorit saya dari restaurant di hometown saya. •
Ayam Goreng Tanpa Tulang Bumbu Tabur Ngohiong
350 gr ayam fillet (bisa bagian dada atau paha)
1/2 sdt jahe parut
2 siung bawang putih, diparut
1 sdt garam
2 butir telur, kocok rata
Bahan Pelapis :
100 gr tepung tapioka
25 gr tepung maizena
Bahan Bumbu Tabur (aduk rata) :
1/2 sdt garam
1/4 sdt bumbu ngohiong (five spice powder)
1/4 sdt merica bubuk
Iris daging ayam setebal kurang lebih 0.5 cm - 1 cm.
Aduk rata jahe, bawang putih, garam dan merica. Balurkan ke daging ayam. Remas-remas dan diamkan 1- 2 jam di lemari es.
Siapkan telur kocok di mangkok. Di tempat terpisah, aduk rata bahan pelapis.
Celupkan daging ayam ke dalam kocokan telur. Lapisi dgn bahan pelapis. Celupkan lagi ke dalam kocokan telur, kemudian lapisi dgn bahan pelapis.
Panaskan minyak yg banyak utk menggoreng dgn api sedang. Goreng ayam hingga kuning keemasan.
Tiriskan ayam kemudian bisa dipotong2 jika suka lalu pindahkan ke piring saji. Taburkan bumbu tabur secukupnya ke atas ayam goreng.
#friedchicken #fivespice #instafood #foodstagram #foodpics #foodblog #dailycooking #berbagiresep #yummy #nomnom #eat #eating #lunch #krm_ayam #resepayamgorengtepung #resepayamcrispy #ayamkrispi #kumpulanresepmasak #bonelesschicken
five spice latte bae ☕️🍫☕️
the double temper two~step: coaxing two chocolates into temper at the same time that pair to make one bar. Five spice latte bar in the works: vegan tahini white chocolate with 5 spices and Vietnam Dak Nong 72% melanged with Vietnamese coffee.
Visiting my other sister in the UK right now and learning some new recipes! Check out those pork belly layers...
Chinese roast pork was always lovingly prepared by my mom when we came home for breaks. Seasoned with five spice powder, pepper and salt. Most important thing is to dry out the meat before cooking to get good crackling! We left it out on the counter for several hours before cooking (3rd picture, cool weather here). Then bake for 20 mins at 180°C, then for another hour at 160°C. We finished it under the grill to make the crackling!
Pro-tip from my mom: if you make too much, which is likely because it's hard work, slice off pieces from the edges first and keep the parts in the middle as they will remain moist. Then reheat in oven.
#roastpork #roastmeats #siewyoke #porkbelly #chineseroastpork #enoughforleftovers #trialanderror #finnickyovens #crackling #crispycrackling #porkcrackling #cooking #homecookedmeal #fivespice
Dear loyal customers, it has been an incredible journey so far and we thank you all for your continued custom and ever presence at #fivespice
. Reaching 200 5-bubble reviews means so much to us. Thank you all, there is only one way we can celebrate such a milestone.....(keep an eye out!)
Autumn vibes 🍂 and my favorite pumpkin soup for the soul 🎃
Easy to make. Delicious and nutritous😉
Enjoy my recipe 🍜
•medium pumpkin •homemade coconut milk (check my “Coconut stories “ for the recipe) or any unsweetened coconut milk
•coconut oil 1 tbsp
•”five spices “ (pumpkin spice - mixture of ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and cloves)
•fresh ginger (3 slices)
•fresh chilly 1 tsp
•chilly flakes 1/2 tsp
1. Cut a pumpkin ,scoop out all the seeds, which you can roast as a snack. Unlike some other types of squash, pumpkins have thick skin, which is best removed from the flesh after roasting.
2. Put pumpkin into preheated oven (200* Celsius) and bake until soft.
3. Remove the skin and put flesh part into a preheated soup pan with coconut oil.
4. Add about 700-1 L of coconut milk. Add 1 tsp of five spices, salt,pepper chilly flakes,fresh chilly and ginger.
5. Cook for about 10-15 minutes
6. Remove ginger and puree the soup using a food processor or blender.
7. Enjoy 😉 •
#pumpkinspice #pumpkinsoup #soupforthesoul #pumpkin
🎃 #pumpkintime #pumpkinseason #healthyfood #coconut #coconutmilk #fivespice #autumnvibes #autumnfood #comfortfood #health
➰pleasure #ua_blog #kyivgram #vscokyiv #veganrecipes #kyivfood #healthykyiv #kyivblog #foodblogger #mytablesituation
RECIPE: BANANA BREAD
Have some extra bananas and don't know what to do? Make this easy one-bowl recipe Cool Runnings Banana Bread. Full of flavour, this is the comfort food you need to get you ready for the Fall.
- 4 very ripe medium-sized bananas, peeled
- 1 ½ tsp Cool Runnings Chinese Five Spice
- 1 tsp Cool Runnings Banana Essence
- ¾ cup British Class Golden Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup salted butter, melted
- 1 ¼ cups self-rising all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups walnuts
- 1 cup sultana raisins or chocolate chips
- Butter, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the bananas for 1-2 minutes until they are smooth.
3. Add the Cool Runnings Chinese Five Spice, Cool Runnings Banana Essence, and British Class Golden Brown Sugar into banana mixture and beat until well incorporated.
4. Add the eggs and butter to the mixture and beat until blended.
5. Add the self-rising all-purpose flour and beat on low until just incorporated. Do not over beat.
6. With a spatula fold in the nuts and raisins (or chocolate chips).
7. Pour mixture into an oiled baking pan (9.25” x 5.25” x 2.75”) and bake for 60-70 minutes.
8. Check at 60 minutes by putting a toothpick into the centre of the loaf, if it pulls out clean with no batter sticking to it, the bread is ready.
9. Remove the loaf from the oven and allow it to cool down before slicing.
10. Slather with butter and enjoy!