Whether you are inspired to eat less or no meat, dairy, and eggs to dramatically improve your health, greatly reduce your negative impact on the environment, and/or stop contributing to the abhorrent treatment of animals, switching to a plant-based diet has never been more timely.
With the amount of meat free, dairy free, and egg free options available, the transition can be quite easy. 🌱
Here are 10 recommendations for reducing or eliminating animal products in your diet and adding more plants:
1. Find family and friends who want to join you on this healthier, cruelty-free journey.
2. Set realistic expectations and take it one day at a time, then a week at a time, then a month at a time, etc.
3. Build meals around organically, locally, seasonally grown whole foods.
4. Seek out plant-based versions of your favorite foods.
5. Diversify your diet, try new recipes, and enjoy your food.
6. Plan and prepare your meals ahead of time.
7. Explore different restaurants that have vegan options or options you can make vegan.
8. Watch documentaries like Forks Over Knives, Food, Inc., Cowspiracy, Earthlings, What the Health, and Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead – they will educate you and inspire you to keep going.
9. Keep a food journal and compare how you feel after you’ve eaten vegan meals compared with meat, dairy, and egg meals.
10. Recognize your progress and congratulate yourself for adopting a new lifestyle.
Whatever your transition looks like, eventually, you can be a full-fledged, conscious citizen whose choices aren’t harming yourself, others, or our Earth, living a life that feels amazing.
#plantbased #plantbaseddiet #improveyourhealth #reducenegativeimpactonenvironment #stopcontributingtocruelty #meatfree #dairyfree #eggfree #findyourtribe #findyourpack #smallshifts #organicfood #locallygrownfood #plantbasedalternatives #veganrecipes #enjoywhatyoueat #planandprepare #vegandocumentaries #foodjournal #crueltyfree #veganlifestyle #touchstoneessentials #thegoodinside #healthcoach #livewellbewell #improveyourlife @the_good_inside