Sharing a favorite stuffed pepper recipe that I adapted from @allrecipes.
I made them for dinner tonight and will also take them for lunches this week. Recipe below⤵️
1lb Italian sausage
1/2 cup uncooked orzo (you can use rice or quinoa instead)
1 cup water
3 bell peppers
2 8oz. cans tomato sauce (1 can in filling, 1 can for sauce on top)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
Salt and pepper
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (half in mixture, half in sauce)
Italian cheese blend (eyeballed..maybe 2/3 cup)
1. In a skillet, cook Italian sausage until brown. Drain grease and set aside in a medium sized bowl.
2. Place the orzo and water in a saucepan. Cook according to package. Add to bowl with sausage.
3. In the bowl, add in 1 can of tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, and cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. While oven is preheating, cut bell peppers in half, removing and discarding the tops, seeds, and membranes. Arrange in a baking dish with hollowed sides facing upwards. Fill peppers evenly with sausage/orzo mixture.
6. In a small bowl, mix 1 8oz. can of tomato sauce and 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning. Spoon over peppers, leaving some to baste with every 15min.
7. Bake for 1 hour, basting with remaining sauce every 15min until the peppers are tender. Sprinkle a little more cheese on top before returning to the oven for the last 15min. Broil for 2 min for extra golden brown cheese.
8. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve!