FRIED RICE - a lunch packed with veg which doesn’t take aeons to make! If you’ve got a microwave, this could be ready in less than 10 minutes. It also involves peanut butter. Need I say more!?
FOR ONE, YOU WILL NEED:
🍚 50g or 1/4 cup brown rice
💧 1 cup water with OPTIONAL tsp veggie stock powder
🥕 1 carrot
🥦 VEG OF YOUR CHOICE - broccoli, courgette and green beans pictured, but you could use peas, peppers - you name it!
🌰 1/2 red onion
🧛♀️ 1 garlic clove
🥢 100g silken tofu (I used @clearspringuk
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
FOR DA SAUCE - 🥜 1 tsp peanut butter, 1 tsp tahini, 1/2 tsp ginger, 4 tsp soy/tamari sauce, juice of 1/2 a lemon 🍋
1. Cook your rice in the water with the stock powder. If you have the power of a microwave at your disposal, please ignore this step. I’ll just be sitting here whilst my rice cooks on the hob the old fashioned way, trying not to be jealous.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok. Dice the onion and add. Crush the garlic and add that too. Let them caramelise a little - for 3/4 minutes.
3. Chop your carrot and other chosen veg into fairly small chunks. Throw into the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Whilst your veg fries, mix the sauce in a cup.
5. Add the cooked rice to the pan. Heat for 1 minute. Slice the tofu into chunks. Whack this in too, along with the sauce. Mix it all together and serve.
6. Try to eat it with chopsticks. Fail. Promptly give up and use a fork. But not until you’ve got a photo to make people think you are a chopstick master. #forthegram
#recipe #lunch #lunchideas #friedrice #peanutbutter #quickmeals #veganuary #oneveganmeal #vegetarianfood #vegetarianrecipes #plantbased #eatmoreplants #veganrecipes #flexitarian #chopsticks #peanutbutterlover