SA Day 2: The Alamo Fun Facts
1. You won’t find bullet holes in the walls of The Alamo, despite the amount of bloodshed that occurred. This is because with muskets they take so long to reload, it was simply faster to use the bayonets. •
2. The Alamo originally didn’t have a roof. When the US Army took control of the fort, they added height to the walls and finished it with the roof we see today. •
3. The limestone walls of the Long Barracks at the fort were erected by Native Americans nearly 300 years ago. •
(The photo was taken on our first night in town. But it wasn’t until Day 2 that we finally toured the place. While I’m here, I want to mention that The Alamo wouldn’t have been available to us in the condition that it’s in if it wasn’t for Clara Driscoll and the Daughters of the Republic of Texas. It’s pretty incredible! Thank you, ladies!)
Millennials are now the largest generation in the labor force. More than a third of American workers today are Millennials (adults ages 18 to 34 in 2015), and they surpass Generation X (ages 35 to 50 in 2015) to become the single largest generational group in the U.S. workforce. ⠀⠀
Gen Xers’ place as the dominant generation within the labor force was very short-lived – just three years. ⠀⠀
Your knowledge can bring you choices, and choices bring power🤯 With the changes in technology, every industry is changing🌎📲 If your business is doing well now, great. But don't stay content, never stop learning!📚✔️
Shot by @millionaire_mentor
Me time in the cockpit ⛵️📖🍷 Usually this is a night watch experience. But I’ll enjoy some sunshine all alone. I’m new to reading for pleasure... I’ve just been a student for too long & only had towers of textbooks. So now I really like reading about survival. Some real serious stories out there, I mean wow! My favorite show, easily watched some seasons 4+ times is LOST. I really would love to camp in some of these epic anchorages 😍 Pup tents will definitely be on the next boat. #funfacts #me #read #explore #learn #learning #survive #survival #timeforyourself #monohull #wine #books #nerd
ALSO I picked this book up, at a book swap in Tahiti ✅
Took out a crochet hook this evening and played with making a barefoot sandal. I find it interesting that people decorate their feet. Did you know that in Podophilia
the fetishized object is feet, or an accessory to feet, i.e., shoes, socks, nylons . . . (Technically, a foot fetish is called a Partialism, while a shoe fetish is called Retifism.)? #crochet #feet #funfacts #feetaregoodtohave
I have a bad habit of never crocheting the other half of a pair of anything...
LMFAOOOO me n my cuzzo used to do shit like this
As we prepare for our official #launch
tomorrow, we'd like to take a moment to introduce ourselves. Swipe right for some #funfacts
about us, the #duo
behind ACE LAB.
makes the #dream #twerk
Hey there! I haven't done an introduction post yet and a colleague in the industry gave me the idea so here it goes! If you're a new follower, welcome! I'm Alex Soto. I'm a legacy in the world of cosmetology and my biggest inspiration in this industry is and will always be my mom. I have a 16 year-old turtle named Frank 🐢. I have worked as a makeup artist for 3 years and earned a Masters in Business Administration in 2017. I specialize in corrective beauty makeup and launched my own line in 2017. I love going to the beach on my downtime and aspire to live there someday. A perfect night for me involves a dance party in my living room and some spaghetti cooking on the stove! What are some fun facts about you?
12 Fun Facts About Exercising
Are you in need of work out motivation? Well you’re in luck because here are 12 fun facts about exercising that are sure to inspire you.
1. Music improves workout performance
Listening to music while exercising can improve work out performance by 15%.
2. Exercising improves brain performance
Cardiovascular exercise helps create new brain cells. This
improves brain power and brain activity.
3. Working out sharpens your memory
Exercising increases the production of cells that are responsible for learning and memory
4. Running burns calories!
If you run at a 10 minute per mile pace you can burn 104.3 calories per mile.
5. More muscle mass = burning more fat while resting
The more muscle mass you have, the more fat your body burns while resting.
6.Exercise prevents signs of aging
If you exercise 3 times a week for 45 minutes you can help prevent signs of aging.
7. A pound of muscle burns 3 times more calories than a pound of fat
Having more muscle than fat means you can consume more calories.
8. You get sick less often
Exercising on a regular basis helps boost your immune system.
This means you’ll get sick less often than people who don’t exercise.
Exercising increases the amount of endorphins that are released into your body and increases productivity.
10. Workouts can improve the look of your skin
Sweat releases dirt through your pores which reduces acne and breakouts.
Workouts improve the overall look of your skin.
11. Exercising boosts self-confidence
Exercising can help ease your mind and rejuvenate your body. Working out will make you feel great and boost your confidence.
12 Working out helps you sleep better
If you’re someone who has trouble sleeping or staying asleep then working out
is your answer.Exercise helps to clear your head and helps you feel relaxed. #fitnesstips #funfacts #pushthrough #exercisemotivation #cnfambassador #kinfittnation #xplossivefitness
Happy HUMP Day!
Here are a couple things you might not know about me... 1. I literally never take pictures alone, but a group I am apart of has @capturedbycorbin
take our professional head shots, so here I am!
2. I love crisp grapes + juicy watermelon. Especially in the summer ☀️ 3. I can’t sleep at night unless I have my @ellieholcomb
pandora station is on! 🙌🏼 4. My biggest role models are my mom + dad, which I am sure you would have guessed, because well DUH parents.
5. I spent about 8 years of my life living on a golf course and swung a club maybe 5 times! 🤦🏽♀️ (sorry dad) .
Share a fun fact about YOU!
Take the UCnian spirit anywhere with you. 😊💖
Day 24&25: here are some fun facts that are presented in my bible study... 1. The Birthright: The birthright was what the firstborn son was required to get by law... Did you know that the blessing was something that father chose to give selected the head of the family... I never realized that these two things were different until last night... it made a stop and think about the blessing that God gives to all his children. He doesn’t just pick one. We all have unique gifts that God has given us to lose in our daily walk...2: Rachel is the first shepherdess mentioned in the Bible. 3: There are 21 dreams recorded in the Bible...Here are some fun facts for you to ponder. #100daysofwhy #nikkikoziarz #funfacts
It's often so easy to complain about wasps because they are far more agressive than bees and they really love to sting us for no reason (luckily this one was totally happy on the lovage and didn't even try to sting me). However, they are important to our ecosystem: they are omnivorous pollinators who primarily feed on nectar, fruit juices and honey dew from plants, but they also prey on other insects and thus provide pest control for agricultural crops and home gardens. Due to their scavenging behaviour they are attracted to human activities where food is present, often with the result that we find them a nuisance. The good news is that wasps are territorial and do not like to approach other wasps' nests, and so you can purchase a fake wasp nest (or two) from your local hardware store to deter wasps from your outdoor gatherings this summer!
#wonderwednesday #wasps #pollinatorweek2018 #pollinatorweek #funfacts #waspnests #omnivore #hymenoptera #paperwasp
(5 slides) 💚 #think #knowledge #funfacts
or at the very least some interesting reading. ❤️ Please don't call anything fake without offering the proof ...... ⚠️⚠️ Also, as it should be the rule with everything, feel free to research these and let us know if you find something different. Thanks
I have not drank red wine for yeeeeeaaars. Because it gave me headaches. Every time. Every. Time. I would hear about the benefits of red wine and watch people sophistically drink it and wish I could. Someone gifted me a bottle a couple weeks ago and I thought oh fine I’ll try it again. I didn’t get a headache!! I went to the very high class winery down the street- also known as the local grocery store @krogerco
- and asked for the wine. They didn’t carry it. A wine distributor happened to be there and I welcomed her joining the conversation as she told me she couldn’t drink red wines either and it’s due to her allergy to the wood barrels. Like they age the wine in oak wood barrels. So she told me to try red wine made in steel barrels. She told me New Zealand makes their red wine in steel barrels so I grabbed some Pinot Noir from New Zealand. You’ll see it sitting in that not proper wine glass in this picture. Is this huge news for anyone else?? Oh and other commonly known news is that I love food and don’t love doing dishes so this one pot pasta is a pretty regular meal. I need to get back to my wine so I’m not going to write out my whole recipe but this link is really similar. I just prefer rotini noodles and add some mushrooms! http://comfortspringstation.tumblr.com/post/53664534559/blow-your-mind-tomato-basil-pasta-no/amp #wine #redwine #winefacts #funfacts #healthyfood #vegetarian #veganrecipes #vegetarianrecipes #pastarecipes #onepotpasta #onepotmeal #dishwasher #healthyeating #myhealthgel #lowfat #lowfatmeals #relax #relaxing #fitness #easymeals #easydinner #winetime #italianfood #newzealand #kroger #grocerystore #quickmeals
Ever heard the term ‘plunging’. Almost every red wine made in Australia will have this technique applied to it.
While the wine ferments with all the skins and stems still in the mix, the winemaker and their team will periodically plunge the skins that float at the top down to encourage even colouring and fermentation. The giant potato masher looking thing pictured is what they use to do it. The more you know.
We are back at it! 🙌🏽 Coming home to a hand full of orders for states we’ve never made before! 🎉 C+S has been a great experience for the kids and I and allows me to incorporate teaching some really cool facts about the states we make.
Today we looked up Fun Facts about our new States.
TN Fun Facts: 🤔
1️⃣ Jack Daniels, creator of the famous TN Whiskey, died after loosing his temper and kicking a safe at his home and hurt his toe. The toe became infected and resulted in his death. (He was diabetic so he should have got that boo boo checked out!)
2️⃣ Mountain Dew was created in Knoxville and was invented in the 30’s to mix with Whiskey.
3️⃣ Teddy Roosevelt coined the phrase, “good to the last drop” while drinking coffee at the Maxwell House Hotel.