So I was nominated by @itsjosh.jpg
to post my 5 favorite Pokemon cards that I own. And damn was that hard. lol but after much deliberation, I believe these are the 5 that mean the most to me.
1. Base Set - Charizard (Unlimited Print) I remember pulling this card like it was just yesterday. EVERY kid wanted one and I was lucky enough to pull one of my own and it's just something you never forget. The OG had to be number 1. I'm glad I hung on to it and the rest of my collection over the years.
2. Base Set - Venusaur (Shadowless Print) This was the very first holo I ever pulled. And though I was unaware at the time, I was lucky enough to have bought a shadowless (2nd English print) pack AND pull one of the coolest holos from it. I'd love to own the original trio in shadowless one day but even when I do, Venusaur will hold more value to me. Long live the flower toad.
3. Fire Red & Leaf Green - Blastoise EX. I wish I had a cool story about this one. lol but I got it for an incredible deal years ago and I just love it. One of the original EX's from the EX era and its value reflects that. They don't make em like they use to!
4. Fossil Set - Gengar (1st Edition) Gengar was always a big favorite of mine. How could you not think he was cool? I absolutely loved the Fossil set when it came out and when I found out it had the first print of Gengar in it, I knew I had to pull one. I was eventually lucky enough to do just that from a 1st Edition pack early on. I was one happy 13-year-old.
5. Flashfire - M Charizard X EX. This was a cool one because my daughter had actually started collecting her own Pokemon card collection around the time XY came out and sure enough after seeing her go through all those emotions that I remembered so well myself, I had to get back into it too. Flashfire came out and it was a big deal because it had the Mega Charizard cards in it and it was the hunt for the OG Base Set Zard all over again. I had a similar reaction when I pulled this beast. 😂 Julia then was lucky enough to pull her own a short while later. Crazy.
If you'd like to do this just pm me and I'll officially nominate you. Until then I'll nominate @psyducksam @championred19