MAKEUP! You can tell I'm trying to free up skincare space because I'm buying makeup like a nut! I've noticed Makeup Geek on the Target site lately (I'm not holding my breath for stores, at least mine) and received notification(s) about their duochrome sale. Since a) I'd never tried them before and b) I somehow still don't own anything duochrome, it seemed worth exploring.
Quick info in Less Q, More A form:
• From L → R, T → B: Sorbet (M), Buffed (M), Morocco (M), Mai Tai (DC), Insomnia (LE DC), I’m Peachless (DC), Rapunzel (S), Cherry Cola (M), Blacklight (DC). I also ordered Dirty Martini (M) to catch some of the green reflect in Insomnia, but it’s too dark/I somehow missed Dragonfly (M).
• Impressions from swatching: Good amount of pigment (especially on mattes), soft in a buttery way, seem easy to pack or apply more sheer.
• Cruelty free (not a personal requirement, but always a bonus)!
• Individual pans on par with drugstore costs ($6 for most), excluding need for case (complimentary if building 9-well).
• Duochrome effect most visible when shadows are blended out (well and good, full-on opaque duochrome eye is probably not the best look).
• That’s a scar and yes, I move my wrist like I have arthritis. (Do I have arthritis?!)
I look forward to playing with it! Also, pat on the back,
me, for picking out colors that weren't already packaged together for you (even if they're all mostly pink-neutrals and how predictable). Here are a few other things I’ve picked up for myself/am waiting to share:
• Makeup Geek Duochrome Highlighter in Electrify(ing?)
• Edward Bess Black Sea Golden Age Mousse Bronzer
• Seche Base, which hopefully doesn’t require a second product to prevent it from drying up (*cough* Seche Vite)
• Pat McGrath Skin Fetish Highlighter & Balm in Nude → Sort of half-accidental buy. Gold looks better swatched, nude looks better in the videos. That balm looks useful for eyes!
#gimmegimme #intheoldtestamenttheywouldchopoffmyhands #in21stcenturywechopupbankcards #WHEREISMYMASQUEVIVANT #makeupjunkie #ilovemakeup #makeuphaul