So close, yet so far. 🤷🏻♀️
Being overseas alone can have ups and downs. Mostly ups, but still some downs. It can’t all be glamorous. That’s not realistic. When you are completely alone with all of your thoughts on a day that things don’t work out to your liking, that’s of course never easy.
Thoughts can be incredibly destructive. They can be overwhelming.🙈
Have you experienced this? Feeling like you’ve lost control is scary. I wanted to share what I tell myself on those days that my thoughts feel overwhelming because maybe it can help you the way it always helps me center and find peace.
1. Muster a smile, it’ll feel good.
2. You’re allowed a little time to feel your emotion, but don’t overdo it by dwelling too long.
3. Everything happens for a reason. 4. Be grateful for where you are, what you are doing and what you are experiencing. You don’t get these days back.
5. It will all work out. When has it not?
6. Your heart won’t feel so heavy in time and probably less time because of all of the adventure that awaits you.
7. Be kind, loving and compassionate to yourself and others involved. I know it’s hard because you are hurting, but don’t let your character fault because of the path and decisions others choose.
8. Go exercise and exert some of that overwhelming energy. Boxing, jogging hard, whatever speaks to you.
9. Own your shit. Stop being a victim. Just take the information you’ve gained and move forward.
10. You are strong, courageous, your intuition is sharp and you must trust yourself. Know the steps you take are leading you to exactly where you are supposed to be.
11. Focus on what you have, not what you don’t have.
#mindset #travelmind #bepositive #solotraveler #travelguide #nyctraveler #girlslovetravel #focusonyourself #uplift #travelgirl #backpacker #travel #thenoseytraveler
Basically everything about France is picturesque. Besides the poo covered foot paths that is.
“Sunday. A day to refuel your soul and be grateful for your blessings. Take a deep breath and relax. Enjoy your family, your friends, and a cup of coffee”☕️✨
These are my plans for the day as I prepare and look forward to the week ahead 😌🙏🏼
Hope you all have a fantastic Sunday 😘
One if the Best Hotels we have stayed in to date & with gorgeous scenery & surroundings to match. We’ll be back again!
Overall rating: 10/10
Summer weekend bliss ✨
It was actually my first time visiting and wearing a light summer dress here in Mariazell as it was exceptionally warm this weekend. As this little town is situated up in the mountains, the climate during summer is cooler than in other cities like Vienna or Salzburg for example. So this makes it a nice destination to escape the heat of the city.
Yesterday we went for lunch with a priest in training from Singapore. He had a good laugh when I told him Canada is very different and that I go to church in a warehouse. 😂 At least it’s a warehouse that feels like home! ❤️ @thehousekelowna
This is how I scope out what’s happening in the city.... see that pool? Yaaaaassssss. #Andiamo
As much as I enjoy travelling by myself, the experience is enhanced when you get to enjoy it with your friends 🧡💛❤️💜💚. Still a solo traveler at heart tho 😊
Great view from the top of the chapel! I was lucky enough to be there during French mass and the singing was beautiful 🎼 🎶 🎵
Don’t follow where the path may lead, go where this is no path and leave a trail behind you ✨
First day in Athens and we’ve already walked 20,000 steps 😳 Time to sit back, relax and enjoy an iced frappe. Basically what I’ll be drinking the whole trip! 👌🏽🇬🇷
Did you know Bologna is home to over 40 kilometers of porticos? 🏛They make strolling around in bad weather or the heat of the sun a breeze! (I couldn’t resist the pun! 🙈) Do you know any fun facts about Italy? 🇮🇹
why is it
that when the story ends
we begin to feel all of it
–rupi kaur 🍂
Y’all have fun with the week, I’ll stay right here in paradise🌴 To keep my mind in the state of summer I have a new blog up on “5 Things to do in Miami!” Check it out at lifeunderthepalmleaves.wordpress.com🌿
Take me back to this sweet moment🌈 Camping is one of my loves and it brings me a lot of joy. This picture was taken on my 22nd birthday and it brings a smile to my face every time I look at it. At one point in time my girls and I were packing up the car any chance we got and heading off to the forest. Sometimes I find myself missing those days but I have to take a step back knowing that I’m in a different place in life involved with more responsibilities and less wandering off to the forest. I’m hoping to be able to find some time soon but for now I’m just reminiscing✨
#camping #neverstopexploring #yosemite
🗾 I’m not too sure what’s going on with my feed. I feel like I’m having a mid-life crisis but with Instagram. I’ve edited and re-edited this shot about 1000000 times, all yielding different results and I honestly don’t know which one I like best. Here’s a question. How do you maintain your theme and keep it well and carefully edited and curated?
✨ I wish life always felt this peaceful. I could spend my life happy, just being by your side.