Egglicious! All day breakfast sandwiches at both AB locations. :)
100 Harbord St.
792 Dundas St. W
Wow, I was not expecting such a warm reaction to my posting. Thank you all so much for your interest!
Below is the recipe for the bagels that I made. I hope you like it.
Please read the recipe carefully before starting, as it’s important to note that the ingredients call for measure for measure flour AND baking mix specifically, not all purpose flour. You can buy the one that I use on the King Arthur website or on Amazon.com.
Yes, these bagels take a long time to make because the dough needs to rise, and then rest in the refrigerator for a while. Please let me know if you have any questions. Enjoy! .
Sarah’s Gluten free bagels
2 1/2 Cups - Gluten free measure for measure flour (I use Bob’s or King Arthur)
2 Cups - King Arthur Flour Gluten Free BAKING MIX
2 1/2 Cups - Tapioca flour
1/4 Cup - Sugar
2 Tb - Sea salt
2 Tb + 2 tsp - Xanthan gum
2 Tb + 1/2 tsp - Quick rise instant yeast
3 Cups - Lukewarm water
1. Using a Stand mixer with the dough hook, stir together all the dry ingredients.
2. Then, slowly stir in the water.
3. Increase the speed to high and mix well until the dough is smooth and no lumps are present.
4. Put the dough into a very large glass bowl and cover loosely with plastic wrap.
5. Allowed to rise for two hours in a warm, dark place. (I have a proofing feature on my oven so I use that) The dough will double in size.
6. Place in the refrigerator for at least three hours.
7. Preheat the oven to 425°
8. Bring a very large pot to boil, adding in good amount of salt and a bit of baking soda.
9. Using a large scoop (mine is 6 oz.), scoop out dough and GENTLY work into a ball using a very small amount of baking mix as flour.
10. Carefully work into a rounded ball and then just use your thumb to poke a hole in the middle to make the bagel shape.
11. Once water is boiling, put in a couple bagels at a time or as many as you feel comfortable working with at the same time. Do not overcrowd them in the pot because each one needs space to float around.
12. The bagel will float to the top
13. Boil 2 minutes on each side - use a timer for this
14. Using a slotted scoop, remove bagel from water carefully, allow to drip for a couple seconds
Before being diagnosed with celiac disease, I considered myself a bit of a bagel snob. And oh how I miss my favorite bagels! I guess I was spoiled… .
Now that I am making my own bread several times a week, I am feeling brave enough to try bagels.
After some experimentation, I made these. .
Homemade bagels. .
Gluten free. .
Dairy free. .
Egg free. .
Simple ingredients - the way a true bagel should be. .
Absolutely delicious. .
With a crispy crust and chewy interior, and really wonderful taste, I think this recipe is a keeper! Maybe I should post it?
I’m just hoping to share a little bit of inspiration for all of those people out there with celiac. With a little bit of creativity, dining at home can still be delicious. And most importantly- SAFE!
#celiac #glutenfree #celiacdisease #glutenfreebread #glutenfreebagels #yummy #celiacbaking #bagel #staypositive #celiacedmgrrl
My Baking Chef Girl in training 👩🏽🍳
Gluten Free Everything Bagels
Bagels and Beans in Amsterdam offer gluten free white bagels with any of their toppings. They were lovely and they are all over the city too, we found one just by the river perfect to sit and have a bite to eat! #bagelsandbeans #amsterdam #glutenfreebagels #riverview
Think Gluten Free, Vegan and available just baked.
Those of us that are gluten-free and soy free and dairy free and free of prettymuch everything you want to go visit Joey’s Gluten-Free Bakery, Boynton Beach ,Florida and let Victor guide you through what you can eat. We took home bagels, Rye bread without Rye flour, carrot cake to die for, lemon curd blueberry cake, chocolate chip cupcakes made with enjoy life chocolate 😱 everything there is delicious. The owners are extremely informed and knowledgeable about allergies and gluten. They could mail you products all over the country and they do. So if you want the best bagels ever you need to order from Joey’s Gluten-Free Bakery.
Half a bagel topped with butter and smoked salmon and a cup of coffee - THM S / Keto / Low Carb / Gluten Free
Bagels - THM S / Keto / Low Carb / Gluten Free / Sugar Free
Recipe coming soon.
Was craving them so I had to make it happen. Today. Fresh made GF bagels with DF cashew cream cheese! Our morning was👌I hope yours was, too🌻