"...We don't have to depend on the #external #world
. We can find them in our inner lives... We can control our inner lives. We get to #decide
who we are going to be and how we are going to live. We can decide to #love
people, and do good, and #succeed
, and be #honest
and frank, and think big, and fight for the underdog, and build, and help people and give the world our best.
We can live our values, and stay close to our family and friends, and do what is right and good and true--- no matter what... these are things that give people the most personal meaning and the deepest happiness.
Personal meaning is something significant and meaningful to you personally. Deep happiness is the kind of happiness that touches your spirit and connects with your soul. People have many names for it. Some people call it self-actualization... People of faith may call it finding God's will for their lives. But whatever you call it, finding personal meaning is the key to being deeply happy. And that personal meaning can be yours, no matter what." Paradoxical Commandments:
1. People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway.
2. If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway.
3. If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway.
4. The good you do will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
5. Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway.
6. The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway.
7. People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
8. What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway.
9. People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway.
10. Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.
#hope #encouragment #philosophy #bliss #express
yourself #authentic #truth #wisdom #yoga #goodreads #books #meditation #self