What makes @hapticarchitects
London a great place to work?
– Celebrating their 10th anniversary this year, #Haptic
have offices in both #London
. The practice’s teamwork in a studio just off of Angel station, with breathtaking panoramic views of London. All of the studio furniture was designed by the practice itself and has a slightly ‘rough and ready’ air to it, but still takes cues from its Scandinavian roots.
- They might be a smaller practice, but they are definitely mighty, working on some huge large scale projects from airports to government buildings. The team have recently won various new commissions and are currently working on Istanbul Airport, a new community centre for Kings Cross and the television centre. .
– They are part of a research collaboration @londonon_
, led 6 London-based #architecture
They pool resources, question, collaborate, make and experience – to broaden their minds, expand their reach and widen their world view. .
aim to take the culture of the #Scandi
lifestyle and bring it into the practice by encouraging a strong ‘team spirit’ and they are regularly hosting social events. They’re often found in the local pub, celebrating wins, having meetings or drowning their sorrows if they lose a competition. The team love a sci-fi movie! They have also just released ‘The Haptic Way: A Handbook for Practice’ reviewing the inspirations that they have cultivated and stored to stimulate further thinking. .
– They offer some amazing benefits, including 5 weeks annual leave, with bank holidays and xmas & New year on top of that! They also arrange time in leu if the team have to work late on a project – result! .
– Their Oslo aquarium project for Selvaag recently received the ‘Cultural Regeneration’ Award at the @thearchitecturalreview #Futureprojectawards
2019 and have been shortlisted at the BD architect of the year awards under the ‘interior architect of the year’ category!