it was when i stopped searching for home within others
and lifted the foundations of home within myself
i found there were no roots more intimate
than those between a mind and body
that decided to be whole ♥️
Welcome to Day 1 of #NamastayInverted
This challenge is to encourage and help yogis of all levels with their inversion practice. Today, I’m throwing it back to show y’all how I focus on core strength, which is very important for any and all inverted poses! Plank Pose tones all of the core muscles of the body, including the abdomen, chest, and low back. It also helps to strengthen the arms, wrists, shoulders, and is often used to prepare the body for more challenging arm balances. Plank also strengthens the muscles surrounding the spine, which improves posture.
My personal favorite is forearm plank, and adding some extra weight to the challenge is always welcome. 😜
@thetravelingtrainers @aprilannemusic @ashtangaash @thatgirlkatethatdoesyoga @stayatommmama @yoga_with_jodi @e_la_la_la_laine @stephburke81 @ashtamama @mamashiff @sarahanderegg @brandycepb @jennifer.dreamdance.yoga @ladyglam18yoga
To play and be eligible to win prizes 🎉:⠀
1. Repost the flier and tag some friends who would love to join us!
2. Post daily the pose or modification with the hashtag #namastayinverted
3. Follow all the hosts & sponsors & tag them in your posts. •
4. Don't forget to set your profile to public so we can see your photos
5. Most importantly....HAVE FUN and be safe!!⠀
List of variations:⠀
2. Handstand Prep⠀
4. Yogis Choice
5. Show Your Progress ⠀
@igyogachallenges #yoga #yogi #yogachallenge #instayoga #invertyoself #pinchamayurasana #inversionchallenge #handstandchallenge #handstands #handstandpractice #handstandvariation #headstandchallenge #headstands #headstandvariation #igyogacommunity #omsoulshop #yogalife #yogaaddict #myyogalife #yogafun #yogafam #iloveyoga #feeltheyogahigh #yogisofinstagram #yogainspiration #yogabalance #yogafamily
Stress impacted my body in the worst of ways last week. It manifested physically and wrecked havoc on my hormones. While I have not felt like myself in a longtime, I am forgiving my body and grateful for its signals. Now it's time for renewal, to be mindful, and THANKFUL for this body I inhabit.
Miss my Rising Goddess family 💔keep growing in the meantime, and I will be back to dancing with you soon.
Change your perspective;
For me at times this can be extremely hard and forces me to stand in the light that is accountability.
This morning I had so many emotions of frustration and anger arise and it all came to the surface
Many times when we experience these emotions it is our higher self trying to get our attention to go within
The reason I was feeling this had nothing to do with anger It was me experiencing a feeling of powerlessness and it just happen to manifest as anger
I had to take this further and explore
Facing me to look directly in the mirror .
At times it feels like I am moving slow motion and I wish the wheels would speed up
This causes me to feel powerless resulting in a outward expression of frustration and anger .
Self reflection is a practice that I am constantly engaging in these days
It hurts, its scary, it doesn’t feel good and at times it brings me to the point of tears
However I would rather go through these steps than play the victim
Dem days is over.....
Love what you have - before life teaches you to love what you’ve lost. 🖤
Here’s a fun beginning of the week challenge: have you ever tried this variation on headstand before? I first saw it a few weeks ago and thought, NOPE. No way. But surprisingly enough, I got up on my first try! Give it a go!
• Grasp opposite arms with opposite hands- outside of your hands at the crease of your elbow.
• Kneeling, place the crown of your head to the ground, and bring your forearms to touch your forehead- elbows in your peripheral.
• Begin to shift your weight into your head/forearms by straightening your legs and coming on to your toes (*be mindful not to dump in to your neck and shoulders here by broadening the shoulders, engaging your core, and elongating your spine.)
• Test your balance by picking up one foot, then the other, eventually hopping to pike or pressing the legs up straight. *** Practice with your back up against a wall first! Don’t be discouraged if you can’t get up on your first try.
“Anyone who practices can obtain success in yoga but not one who is lazy. Constant practice alone is the secret of success.”🍃
Many of us instinctively spent our childhoods practicing asanas like inversions and backbends without any idea about yoga. We just wanted to do it because it was fun! So why should we stop as we get older? Channel your inner child and try an inversion! 🤸♀️🤸♂️
Working on your headstand? Add some blocks! (Shout out to @aliebg
for this trick) Literally life changing. Squeeze the elbows in, think belly button to spine, close the ribs and engage those glutes & inner thighs 💪 #wellbalancedbeing