Caring for you Workout shoes.
1. Always wear a pair of sock.
2. Take it off properly.
3. Clean before storing.
4. Keep it dry and add some talcum powder/essential oil/baking soda to keep it fresh.
5. Don’t put it in the washing machine. hand wash by surface cleaning.
6. Store it in a cool, dry place.
7.Alternate your shoes. If you run or work out almost every day, rotate between two pairs of shoes. Your favorite pair will last longer if you give it a day or two to rest, decompress, and dry out before the next workout.
8. Use it only for exercise. Not only is it a fashion no-no to use your gym shoes for non-athletic purposes, but wearing it daily will also shorten its lifespan.
9. Know when it’s time to let go. The rule of thumb is to replace your athletic shoes every 300(483km) to 500 (805km) miles, depending on your body weight, level of activity, and the surface on which you run or work out.
Aside from obvious signs such as peeling soles and crumbling material, your own body is a good gauge on the condition of your shoes.
If you've been feeling more muscle fatigue after working out, pain in your joints, uncomfortable knees while running, and even shin splints, then that could be a sign that your shoes no longer have adequate cushioning.
Now you can keep your feet and shoes Happy.