Yesterday I presented to 75 GP’s and allied health folks up at the @fairmontresortleura
for the Blue Mountains Primary Health Network paediatric clinical day. I shared insights into digital cultures, young people’s use of technology and identifying kids at risk of problematic tech use. I got both a mouse pad (!) and some amazing jams from @canafarm
social enterprise as a gift.
#digitalnutrition #winning #thankyou #healthyhabits
Each day is born with a sunrise
and ends in a sunset, the same way we open our eyes to see the light,
and close them to hear the dark.
You have no control over how your story begins or ends.
But by now, you should know that
all things have an ending.
Every spark returns to darkness.
Every sound returns to silence.
And every flower returns to sleep
with the earth.
The journey of the sun and moon is predictable.
But yours, is your ultimate ART. - Suzy Kassem
#weekendvibes #words #poetry #sunrise #tgiw #chill #thankful #meditation #salutetothesun #healthyhabits #healthymind #peaceful
Five ways to improve your relationship with food right now!👇🏽
1. Stop thinking of food as good or bad, healthy or unhealthy, clean or dirty. That’s just a label, which is contextual. Instead think about what your current goals are and if eating the foods you currently eat on a regular basis are going to help you reach those 📝
2. Stop with the restrictions, restraints and starvation. If you tell yourself you can’t have said foods your probably going to want them even more. Instead say I’m just not eating that right now, find a lower calorie alternative or just have some of said foods some of the time instead of a lot of it, all the time 🍔
3. Eat, don’t starve! Eating less is not often the answer as most of us don’t eat enough or go hours without eating and then binge out with fast food at the end of the day. Instead make the time to fuel your body and eat regularly, when your hungry throughout the day and put those cravings for crap on halt ⚡️
4. Just because a food is classed as “healthy” doesn’t mean it’s calorie free and you can eat as much as you want. Things like nuts which are common go too’s for snacking although nutritious contain a lot of calories being high and fat (yes I know even “good fats”) so perhaps a handful with some chopped up fruit and yogurt etc instead of a whole honey roasted/salted bag is a better alternative to stop you going way over your daily fat requirements ⛽️
5. Those fizzy drinks, sodas, full fat coffees and frappes all add up too. Very easy to consume and leave you feeling un-satiated, sometimes it’s just a case of cutting down from 3-5 to 1-2 p/day or finding better options like sugar free/lower fat or once again lower calorie alternatives 🥤
There you go, just five simple things you can do to improve your nutritional habits right away. There are so many little strategies, systems and hacks you can implement to create better longer lasting and enjoyable habits for your health and best of all it doesn’t have to be hard or unrealistic either. Keep it simple 👌🏼
If your having any specific struggles, post em down in the comments section below and let’s overcome them together 🤓🍽💪🏽
"Often people engage in behaviour that violate what they TRULY value, in order to do what is necessary to meet their needs." 3️⃣ Post number 3, of a series talking about EMOTIONS.
We have learnt in former posts, that all human behaviour is driven by the pursuit of fulfilling one or more of the so called Six Human Needs, the needs of CONTRIBUTION and GROWTH being the crucial ones in the quest for a FULFILLING and HAPPY life. ❇️ When looking at a situation where we are trying to fulfil a need, what happens is: it starts with a THOUGHT that creates a MEANING -> from this we create an EMOTION -> from that we produce BEHAVIOUR(s) -> and from those we produce results and EFFECTS (desired or undesired). Ultimately, forming our personal DESTINY. ❇️ So, what if I told you, you have the POWER to CHOOSE what you think, believe and feel? (so also an emotion in case you wanted to change an undesirable one). Many would put themselves into a VICTIM role and not recognize their power and responsibility in this.
-> This one deserves a paragraph just for itself. ❇️ If someone ever gave you the advice to just change HOW you behave, have you noticed that it just doesn’t work long term, or is super difficult?
But the moment we change what something MEANS to us, eg a certain need, we TRANSFORM our experience. Now and for the future.
📣In Coaching, by changing the way we PROCESS information and thus give meaning to, we change the SOURCE of our experience rather than the behaviour. ❇️ Which reoccurring emotion would YOU like to keep or change?
#growthmindset #dealingwithemotions #emotions #sixhumanneeds #healthyhabits #seekinginspiration #quarterlifechallenge #meetingyourneeds #nlp
#seekinginspiration #quarterlifechallenge #coaching #tonyrobbins #robbinsmadanes #strategicintervention #mindset
... manage your phone time for better mental health. 📱
What's the first thing you do when you wake up and the last thing you do before bed? Are these things getting you in the right frame of mind?
I used to check my phone as soon as I woke up. Before my senses had even stirred, I was bombarding my mind with information and images. My brain was racing before I had even gotten out of bed. 😴
With such hectic thoughts comes a hectic day and management. You lose yourself and become overwhelmed when there's no need to be. 🙏
Now, to ease myself into a mindful day, I don't turn on my phone until I've taken Max for a walk and I've had fresh air and appreciated the present moment. That's about an hour of no phone first thing. 🌞
And before bed? I turn my phone off at least an hour before sleep so that my mind is restful.
Waking up and going to sleep are precious times of days. They are delicate times for our consciousness that need to be nurtured and cared for.
If we lovingly tend to our minds and manage stimulating distractions like phones, then we can better deal with our days and sleep. 💚
... upravljate vremenom svog telefona za bolje mentalno zdravlje. 📱
Sta prvo radite kada se probudite i šta radite pre spavanja? Da li te stvari vam pomažu da održite pozitivan um?
Mobilni telefoni su stimulativni i zavisni i dobro je da budemo svesni koliko ih često koristimo.
Kad se probudim, ja ne uključujem moj telefon dok ne setam Max, imam svež vazduh i cenim sadašnji trenutak. To je oko sat vremena bez telefona. 🌞
A pre kreveta? Isključim telefon najkasnije sat pre spavanja, tako da moj um bude miran.
Ako se ljubazno pripazimo u naše umove i upravljamo distrakcije kao telefone, onda možemo bolje uživati u našim danima i spavanjem. 💚
Sunday – reflections, rest and celebration: Happiness continued. There has been much research into the field of happiness since it is closely connected to perceived wellbeing. There are correlational findings about human happiness identified by psychologist Martin Seligman, one of the thought leaders within the field of positive psychology. He proposes the following 5 dimensions:
1. The importance of pleasures in daily life such as tasty foods, creative activities such as music and crafts, warm baths and other self-care activities see earlier posts for suggestions
2. Engagement/experiencing flow moments when one gets absorbed in an enjoyed AND challenging activity, see upcoming post
3. Nurturing social relationships, see upcoming posts
4. Meaning – that is having a quest, belonging to a bigger community, similar to point 6 from last week but more of a value driven conviction, altruistic and/or religious nature
5. Accomplishments - having realized tangible goals, for inspiration see posts under self-esteem about the importance of self-efficacy and healthy routines on www.jennyrapp.com
Hence, happiness is not only about reflections and a frame of mind, a rare moment that accidentally happens, but possible to influence through actively performing specific activities on a regular basis.
Challenge: Just as last week, rate yourself on each of these additional dimensions by two measures: -How often you perform activities within this field -How satisfied you are with where you are on each of the dimensions -Identify how you want to include the dimensions on both a daily and weekly basis and schedule time in your calendar, see upcoming post about how to change habits -Rate your level of experienced happiness before and after the activity as well as during reflection hour, see earlier posts
#wwwjennyrappcom #happinessexercises #findingmeaning #happinessresearch #happiness #selfefficacy #flow #findingflow #positivepsychology #reflection #celebrationoflife #lifestrategies #healthyhabits #selfhelp #wellbeing #mentalrecovery #psychologicalwellbeing #reflectiondiary #honouryourselfactivities #mindfulactivities #reflectiondiary #selfhelpexercises
Cocoa whey smoothie.
รสเจ้มจ้นนนแถมโปรตีนจากเวย์เต็มๆ ไปลองได้ที่งาน @fitfest.asia
แถมงานนี้มีของใหม่อีกมาด้วยย brownie thins @goodness.bkk
ถุงนึงแค่ 120แคล กินเล่นแบบไม่ต้องรู้สึกผิดเลยยยย😛.
ยังยังไม่หมดด งานไปไป squat15ครั้ง ได้ส่วนลด 15% ไปเลยน ไปเล่นกันเถอะ💕.
Me and my loves at the East Coast Bay Leisure centre gym fundraiser for the New Zealand Mental health foundation... I was honoured to say a few words about Tapping Into your passions to build #resilience
in your #happyplace
Wherever that might be for you. Thanks Lissa for the great event and opportunity. 💜💜💜
Teaching all things Healthy Yums in my ‘Intro to Plant Based Wholefoods’ Workshop yesterday! 🥦🌽🍎🥒
Spent the day with the most beautiful bunch taking them through the ins and outs of healthy eating tips and tricks! Smashing out over 13 recipes!
Leaving very full of course.. with a new mindset of how to nourish themselves both physically and mentally!
Can’t wait to be running these more often stay tuned! 🙌🏼
🌸 If it's good enough for Lisa Messenger from @collectivehub
then it's good enough for me too!
Reading her book 'Purpose' is hitting me with so many truth bombs, I'm loving it!
When you discover your Why/purpose for doing what you do, then the rest falls into place 🔥🙌💗
I always did something or other I was a LITTLE NOT READY to do.
I feel that’s how you GROW.
When there’s that moment of,
“Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this.” And then you PUSH through against all those ODDS.
That is when you have a BREAKTHROUGH.💯🙏🏻
I WON’T BE STOPPED.🤙🏻🔥💯
Lets nail your goals together.👊🏻 .
DM FOR QUERIES:
FOR TRAINING QUERIES:
Shoot a mail at:
Take me back to the Windy City 🌃
The ADP program will educate the participants on how to efficiently absorb and produce force, as well as coaching them how to effectively coordinate movement through fundamental movement patters (squat, hinge, lunge, push, and brace).
Oh yum! All smoothie bowls need to be this cute!! 🐳
Доброе утро, друзья!☀️
Вот и подошёл к концу наш #запеканочныймарафон_абрамовой
Спасибо вам, милые девочки, за участие и добрые слова!😍
Я не думала, что вы проявите такой интерес к этому мероприятию☺️
Поздравляю победителей! Вчера я решила выбрать двух победителей.
1 место: @endji_pp
2 место: @lilly_lilian
Результаты смотрите в сторис☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻
Маякните в комментариях любым смайлом, если хотите продолжить подобные марафончики😊
Если будут желающие, проведём следующий марафон с любимыми сырничками😉
Рецепт запеканки вы можете найти по тэгу: #творожнаязапеканка_абрамовой
Yes! I'll look up after about a month and be amazed with my progress about whatever it is I've been working on, imagine that feeling after a year.. Get started with your skin care and/or health routine, stay consistent and watch the results pour in. 🗝