Carbon monoxide is a gas produced when burning any kind of fuel-gas, wood, charcoal, oil, or kerosene. When inhaled it replaces the oxygen in your blood and it can build up. With more exposure, symptoms can develop to severe heart problems and brain damage. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
3 Common sources of Carbon Monoxide:
1. Furnace systems that haven’t been checked
2. Fireplaces with leaks that haven’t been checked
3. Gas ranges
4 Recommendations from HealthLink BC:
1. Have all fuel-burning appliances (such as oil or gas heaters, stoves, water heaters, and space heaters, fireplaces, and wood stoves) inspected each year.
2. Check chimneys, flues, and vents regularly to make sure they are in good shape, properly connected, and not blocked.
3. Never use a gas or charcoal grill indoors.
4. Never use a gas oven to heat your home.
We urge all of our clients to have annual maintenance on their furnaces, water heaters, and fireplaces. And to consider carbon monoxide detectors because they can help keep you safe. Let us know if you have any questions, we can guide you in the right direction.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #gas #carbonmonoxide #poison #toxic #symptoms #safety #health #detectors #heating #fireplace #furnace #heaters #leak #technician #plumber #local #tsawwassen #delta #ladner #home #house