Today marks the start of the @justacard
indie week #instachallenge
. If you don't yet know, #justacard
is a grassroots campaign highlighting the fact that no matter how small a purchase from an #independentshop
, it makes a huge difference.
Day One of the challenge are 10 things about Mr Austin & Co. So #thisIsMe
1. A #Worcestershire
lad, born and raised within smelling distance of the @leaandperrins #worcestershiresauce
factory in #Worcester
2. I live and work in #Malvern
, an #areaofoutstandingnaturalbeauty
on the Worcestershire/#Herefordshire
3. We have been trading since April 2011 in Malvern, and steady growth has meant we are now in our 3rd location on Church Street in #GreatMalvern
4. It has not always been retail though. The first job after leaving school was at the @ukforeignoffice
for 5 years, including a posting to #Ottawa
5. I then fell into the library/research profession, working with a number of varied organisatons including #BartsHospital
in London, @mars.uk
Head Office, and several corporate law firms.
6. If I was on #Mastermind
, my specialist subject would be @nbcwillandgrace
7. The dogs rule our lives. Nessa is 9 this month and comes to work most weekdays. She is instrumental in the shop having been voted the UK's most #dogfriendly
High Street shop for the past 5 years.
8. Nessa has an older #furbrother
- Max. Aged at about13, Max came to us from @teamedwardlabradorrescue
nearly 3 years ago.
9. A huge #Americanophile
, Mr Austin & Co and his better half got married in #centralpark
10. I suffer badly with #wanderlust
. I love what I do and I love what I live, but I also love to travel - the older I get, the more intense the symptoms.