Photo & caption by @glennleerobinson :
Arriving at the lake, we immediately setup to get a straightforward shot of the glacier framed by sloping mountainsides. However, I've learned to experiment with different compositions, and this time I simply turned to my left and recomposed to emphasize the boathouse. Sometimes the most obvious subject isn't necessarily the most interesting one. 💙
When you have leg/glute day on Friday, then cardio on Saturday, then get overconfident and think you can hike up a mountain on Sunday......... I mean, I did it obviously, here the evidence, but I need some serious alone time with my foam roller.
2 days ago588
sometimes you just gotta take it slow and steady.
2 days ago4479
“To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.” - e.e. cummings
3 days ago19
Pre-Sunrise // Monument Valley, UT
3 days ago6103
The Lost Coast is absolutely beautiful. Anyone reading this hike it / been along it before?
I took this shot while we were resting at a beach and one of the people in my crew hiked up one of the hills to checkout the coastal view.
Blue hour hikes down the mountain in the dense fog.
3 days ago26673
Even in the darkest of nights, you can find a light.
Winslow State Park, NH
3 days ago3103
After nearly setting off an avalanche, we hiked a short ways back to the top to watch the sunset over this sea of clouds. The only things visible were golden mountaintops in every direction. By the time we hiked back over to the resort, it was dark. They didn’t want us riding down in the dark, so we crammed 11 people into the back of a snowcat. 2018 just began and I couldn’t ask for a better way to start it! 👉🏼Swipe for full pano!👈🏼
Part of the adventure is taking classic views and trying to find new ways to present them. It usually takes going a little further down a well known trail and figuring out an interesting way to frame your subject. Using a super wide angle lens like my Rokinon 14mm always helps because it takes some of the most common elements in a frame and gives them just the right amount of distortion to create interesting leading lines and a fresh twist.
very excited to be heading back to the desert soon🏜
5 days ago5184
And now all of the snow is gone because it rained all day :-/
5 days ago5141
F I V E T H I N G S F R I D A Y
1. Intermittent fasting is becoming a necessary evil for me. I love my breakfast, I miss it every day, but if fasting for 16 hours means skipping breakfast so I can fit into my pants again, that’s the way it’s gotta be. •
2. After getting some really sad news last weekend, I’ve made the decision to donate a percentage of every jewelry sale to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline in 2018. There’s not much else I can say other than I hate that I’ve gotten to know this helpless feeling of finding out someone you care about got to that level in their life and there was nothing you could do to help. So I’m doing what I can now. •
3. I think my sister @ssterlingss is getting a matching side shave with me and I’m pretty excited for us to look like Viking chicks together. •
4. I bought a Boston Fern! Keep it in your thoughts and prayers, my track record with ferns is less than great... •
5. I have come to realize there is so much life on the other side of learning to say no. No is my holy word lately. No I won’t put up with your shit. No I won’t lay in bed instead of getting up to work out. No I won’t waste my time lounging on the weekends anymore. No. Nope. Nein.