You may wonder why I’d have bad manners and show my dull little #wc
to the IG public...well last night I had left the living room with a nice fire going and moved to the kitchen to make dinner...I had not been in there for three minutes when all of a sudden I heard a huge hissing sound so my eyes immediately darted back to my gas stove, then onto the gas fireplace all the while the hissing growing louder though all was fine...it suddenly clicked and I tore to the main floor WC to be greeted by a small flailing hose and a forceful #toiletwaterfountain
up to the ceiling and down all the walls! I tromped through a couple inches of water that was already spreading beyond the tiled bathroom to our beautiful wide plank antiqued wood floor outside. I started shrieking at the top of my lungs in hopes that my husband upstairs or one of our boys that was home and downstairs would hear me and I madly fumbled around for the shut off valve down the far side of the toilet, all the while getting the involuntary #toiletshower
though thankfully clean I might add but it was damn cold. I managed to shut the valve and my husband and son finally clued in something was desperately wrong. Through my word salad, charades and the growing paddling pool in our second foyer, hubby ran to the basement for the main water shut off valve. I dispatched our son to grab bath towels upstairs and I’ve not seen him shoot into action and sprint like that since sports day in high school! He came and immediately we both started to throw out the towels over the small tidal wave that was now encroaching on my lovely round red British Indian rug in the centre of this foyer. Everything was sodden immediately...my husband came hustling in then with our little water vac. Aside from the water that poured through to the floor beneath and that subsequent clean up, we got through the trauma quite effectively I'd say! Plumber's been today and said hose was completely sheared...he’s never seen the likes! So lucky our guest the night before did not have this happen after they used the WC😱😱!
— #toiletwater #toiletfail #needsadeepclean #omg #horror #cleaningtime #fail #mylife #humour #allfixed #phew