A few thoughts post co-write today:
• Nobody likes being broken, but broken people are beautiful people... and everyones broken.
• There's redemption in hurt and pain. Sometimes that redemption comes full circle and sometimes it comes through personal growth. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
• Grace is an extremely powerful act of love.
also s/o to @hunterleath
for his transparency and for being the type of person that wholeheartedly takes the time to hear the heart of others. I had the best time writing my first ever folk-americana song with you today 🙃
Turbulence never shows up when you are on ground level. Turbulence is the announcement that you have just been upgraded to a higher level in the spirit! #LevelUp
HERE ARE A FEW WAYS YOU CAN HELP:
1. To learn of the latest needs please visit the Fire Disaster Relief table at on our patio this Sunday.
2. Over the next month, we would ask you to be mindful of furniture/household items that you might be able to part ways with in order to help families outfit their new rentals or temporary housing they secure.
3. Give to our Benevolent Fund at Foothills Church to help replenish what we have given to our sister churches in Paradise and Chico.
4. If you would like to purchase fast-food gift cards for places such as Chick-fil-A, In-N-Out Burger, Subway, or other restaurants, please bring them to our Fire Disaster Relief table that will be present on the patio this Sunday.
You can also give directly to the Paradise Alliance Church and you can sign up to help volunteer and help at Chico Neighborhood Church. For the links to both of these and to read the full Camp Fire Relief update letter from Pastor Brian, click the link in our bio then click “Camp Fire Relief/ Help Paradise”
We got some exciting news.. Check out our story 👀🔥
I don't know if this ever happens to you...but sometimes I'll think glowing thoughts about a person in my mind - but I'll never actually tell that person in real life.
💥 But that's such a waste. Encouraging another person is always worth the extra effort. So can we do something together? Take out your phone right now and send an encouraging text to someone you’ve been thinking about lately.
❤ Who knows? Maybe your kind words are precisely what someone needs to hear today.
God hears us when we speak to Him. Jesus’ life created that never-ending pathway of communication and to eternal life. We may not get exactly what we want when we pray, but we do get exactly what we need. Always remember, God IS listening.
Strangely enough, I think God has been talking to me through verses I copied down several days ago instead of my current Bible reading. All I've been getting from my current reading is Kirk Franklin references (check out my stories). Sometimes it seems like the world is tightening up around me. Things aren't going the way they're supposed to. Promises are made and broken, money's getting tight and work is slowing down.
Sometimes this just happens. Sometimes it happens because God is trying to get us to turn back to Him because we've walked away. Sometimes, and I think this might be what's happening to me, God's trying to get us to walk in a new direction He's been pointing us to for a while, but we haven't done it yet.
In my case, I think I know what God's will is and I just need to start going toward it and asking Him to provide along the way. Seek first His kingdom and righteousness.
Is there something you know God wants you to do, you just haven't done it yet? If it's something you can share, let me know in the comments. If it's personal and you can't share, just give me a 👍so I know we're on the same page.
📖 30 Words Daily Reading: Amos 5:21-24⠀
⚡️ These people were calling for the day of the Lord, thinking it would bring an end to their troubles. ⠀
👉 But God said, "You have no idea what you're wishing for." This "day of the Lord" would bring justice, and justice would bring the punishment the people deserved for their sins.
Time for a little group exercise. Open your keyboard and paste in the first emoji on your list. And don’t worry... there are no wrong answers here. 🤣
If you haven't heard it yet, my latest single is up on all platforms! Here's a teaser. Go listen at the link below and follow me on Spotify if you haven't already. 😘😘😘 https://songwhip.com/album/kingsdom/spirit