Happy Friday, who’s got a hot DATE tonight?
I do! Some of this delicious date bread 😋
I altered this recipe I found through Pinterest from VeggieInspired.com
It is whole grain, full of fiber and perfect for anyone like me who has a sweet tooth 🤤
•1 cup pitted dates, chopped (woops forgot to chop them but it still came out yummy)
•1 cup hot water
•1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
•1/2 cup coconut sugar
•1/2 tsp baking soda
•1/2 tsp baking powder
•1/2 tsp salt
•6 Tbsp aquafaba
•1/4 cup almond butter (runny)
•1 Tbsp molasses
•1 tsp apple cider vinegar
•1 tsp vanilla extract
•1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350*F.
2. Lightly spray loaf pan with non stick spray.
3. Place dates in a small bowl and cover with the hot water while you make the batter.
4. In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in chopped pecans.
5. In a medium mixing bowl whisk aquafaba, almond butter, molasses, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract and water from the dates.
6. Slowly pour wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir well until better is formed.
7. Add in dates.
8. Pour batter into loaf pan.
9. Bake for 40-45 mins or until baked all the way through.
10. Cool loaf and enjoy 🤗
I included a photo of the batter so you know what thickness it should be. Also, included the ingredients so you would know what to look for if you want to make this recipe! Note: if you have a 6 compartment mini loaf pan, bake for only 25-30 mins.